• 8(current)
Solved Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices
I just received my remote from Ali, and want to confirm @wrxtasy your one line script worked perfectly thank you so much, this remote is 100x better than anything else that I've tried for simple navigation + play/pause + volume control works perfect with my Yamaha receiver (via CEC no doubt)

Question, has anyone successfully remapped the power button to send a CEC command to TV? I want to power on/off my Yamaha receiver and Projector with that button, it would be totally awesome. I'm busy reading up on it but I don't see a simple solution yet.
(2017-11-19, 09:42)snorbaard Wrote: I just received my remote from Ali, and want to confirm @wrxtasy your one line script worked perfectly thank you so much, this remote is 100x better than anything else that I've tried for simple navigation + play/pause + volume control works perfect with my Yamaha receiver (via CEC no doubt)

Question, has anyone successfully remapped the power button to send a CEC command to TV? I want to power on/off my Yamaha receiver and Projector with that button, it would be totally awesome. I'm busy reading up on it but I don't see a simple solution yet.
I've got an OEM remote (BTLE model), and I've modded my favourite skin to add a "Turn TV Off" option in the shutdown menu. It works well; shuts off the TV. Further presses on the remote cause it to wake the TV up again. YMMV depending on the HDMI-CEC capabilities of your hardware.

Adding it to a keymap should be quite easy. Edit your userdata->keymaps->keyboard.xml. I'm not sure if they key ids are the same on all machines or all variations of this remote, but this works for me: 
xml:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="61662">CECToggleState</key>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
@zang nice work Wink
- for the Aftermarket Xiaomi Remote I used:
Code:
<key id="192">CECToggleState</key>

Thanks @zang and @wrxtasy it works brilliantly! I had to fool around a bit with the settings on all the devices to get it working perfectly. Both PJ and AV receiver switch on/off using power button. However, long-press commands did not seem to work; I will have to investigate this issue.
Thank you so much  this is just great .But i have an issue Every time i reboot my x96pro plus the mi remote needs again pairing to work.
any ideas? i tried with copy paste @wrxtasy  code to putty also , but if i get it right theres is no need to do that since  theres build in support since i am using kzaq build 8.2.1.1 on my x96pro plus s912 device.
:o
Delete your current Xiaomi Remote BT pairing in LibreELEC settings.
Next time you connect select "trust and connect" only.

After a reboot sometimes it takes 10 seconds or so for the BT remote to auto reconnect after you initially press a button.

No need for the script at all. It's redundant now for all current LibreELEC versions.

I did delete, then somehow even it original IR remote stopped working, I restored from a backup and it now works, confused!

Sent from my MI 6
Wanted to try this Remote on my Wetek Hub with the Android TV ROM nd there the OK button is not working in the Android on screen keyboard (search for example).

@wrxtasy as you have an aftermarket remote, maybe you can figure out how to make that work?
Excellent remote.
Power button switches my Chromebox off and on on the latest Leia alpha (using suspend to S3).
Hi, everybody here Smile
I have a strange problem with my HP Chromebox and Xiaomi Bluetooth remote and, to say the truth, I'm a little confused and need a good advice.

So, my HP Chromebox in it's original configuration (4GB RAM variant, built-in Wi-Fi + Bluetooth adapter) is running one of the latest LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0).
Movie playback, PVR, audio - everything works well.
My setup is standalone, the latest UEFI firmware.

Originally, I was using Trust air mouse as remote control. It's a kind of 2.4 GHz device, a gyro-mouse and a keyboard in the same housing and it has a USB-dongle to connect to a host.
This appeared to be quite a reliable RC but there's a problem: it cannot wake the host from S3 for some reason.

Ok, I wanted to use S3, so I've bought a Xiaomi Bluetooth remote control recently.
I've installed a fresh copy of Libreelec and repeated all my usual settings from scratch, using Trust air mouse RC for the initial setup, because Bluetooth needs a running system to work.
Then I've paired the new Xiaomi Bluetooth RC, made some key reassigning and tried how it goes.

Everything seemed promising: Xiaomi Bluetooth RC was reliably controlling the box and waking the Chromebox up from S3 with any key.

Ok, as everything was working as intended, I decided that it's time to disconnect Trust air radio mouse RC for using it somewhere else.
But to my surprise, when I remove Trust radio dongle from the Chromebox, Xiaomi Bluetooth RC loses the ability to wake Chromebox up.

I've repeted experiments several times. Rebooted, powered the PC off and on. Repaired the RC. Installed different builds of Libreelec. Nothing helped and the fact is:
Bluetooth remote wakes the Chromebox up from S3 only if a radio dongle from Trust air mouse present in USB slot. 

So, I'd like to understand what's happening and how to fix the problem for to use Chromebox with a single remote Big Grin
Any ideas and advices are much appreciated.
Thank you in advance, and excuse me for such a long description of the problem.
Can you remove the batteries from the trust air mouse and test again while the USB dongle is still connected?

also can you disable the internal Bluetooth and use a libreelec supported USB bluetooth dongle in the same USB port and test again ?
(2017-12-04, 17:27)wrxtasy Wrote: After a reboot sometimes it takes 10 seconds or so for the BT remote to auto reconnect after you initially press a button.
 I wish I could get it that fast. Any idea why it takes 30-40 seconds on my Odroid C2 boxes? I don't shut down the box, so this usually only applies on boot up, but as I have the BT LE remote models, their range is somewhat limited; past 15 or so feet away and the remote will lose signal and need to reconnect. My wife would be grateful if this time could be shortened.
(2018-01-04, 18:20)ashrafhumax Wrote: Can you remove the batteries from the trust air mouse and test again while the USB dongle is still connected?
 I cannot remove it's battery in a simple way because it has a built-in rechargeable battery.
But I continued the experiments, disconnected Trust air mouse dongle and replaced it with an ordinary PC USB keyboard. And got the same result:
When the USB-keyboard is plugged in, Xiaomi RC can wake the PC up from S3.
When there's no USB-keyboard plugged in, Xiaomi RC cannot wake the PC up from S3.

I suspect, USB ports' power algorithm matters. As usually built-in Bluetooth really is connected as a usual USB device.
(2018-01-04, 19:10)zang Wrote:
(2017-12-04, 17:27)wrxtasy Wrote: After a reboot sometimes it takes 10 seconds or so for the BT remote to auto reconnect after you initially press a button.
 I wish I could get it that fast. Any idea why it takes 30-40 seconds on my Odroid C2 boxes? I don't shut down the box, so this usually only applies on boot up, but as I have the BT LE remote models, their range is somewhat limited; past 15 or so feet away and the remote will lose signal and need to reconnect. My wife would be grateful if this time could be shortened.

After reboot just press one of the Mi Box remote buttons once and wait a bit.
Otherwise delete your current BT pairing and then "trust and connect" only.

Just had my first ‘plug&play’ experience with this ;-)

Installed kszaq’s latest 8.x release on am new box, paired the remote and waited a couple of seconds. Done.

Nice to not have to drag some files over anymore. Thanks for your work on this wrxtasy! I just wanted to play around with this remote, but it’s responsiveness made it a keeper :-)
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices0