v17 Import kodi db file (android and windows) into ms access
I want to import the kodi video library of kodi instances on android and/or windows into an easily accessinle database like access (i have an ms access db running so that would be my first preference). First query would be to highlight all movies that have no audio language specified.
How can i import the kodi lib?
I tried importing the xml created by "export to single file", but that looses links between video and audio tables it seems (xml structure is lost). Copying the *.db file and importing that doesnt seem to work as i dont know if / how access can read that format.
Any tips?
You may have to use an editor like notepad++ to handle the export, I had no trouble editing and importing. Looking for <language>eng</language> but if there is no listing, you might have to use some sort of compare plugin or search for <audio> and manually check through and add as needed. Keeping the .xml format should work if you don't change for the save. If you're importing into a different set-up, it's likely most of the paths for your media would have to also be altered, and at this point, it starts to get complicated.

Some of the users would suggest a 3rd party media manager, and they would probably be right in this case. Library managers (wiki)
I have TMM which is really great for individual movies. But my whole library is 1200+, and i want to generate a list of the ones i wana change (first wave would be missing languages, as i explained).
The edits i could do with notepad++ or TMM. Its the listing i need to generate first...
I believe EMM offers a plugin that will list out, as text, html etc. Too bad that language is not one of the available rules as a smart playlist. (hint: you might want to request it in 'Feature Requests'.)
Thanks
This EMM, is that an add-on i can find in kodi repo?
The databases are sqlite. If you google you can probably find any number of database engines that can open a sqlite file. There are ones designed for sqlite itself, like sqlitebrowser. However googling suggests that there are odbc sqlite drivers which would open it up to access.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-22, 06:20)mchp92 Wrote: Thanks
This EMM, is that an add-on i can find in kodi repo?
Ember Media Manager, and it's a plug-in to that manager you're looking for http://wiki.embermediamanager.org/index....=Main_Page

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import kodi db file (android and windows) into ms access0