Fire TV Stick/Voice Remote vs Jide Remix Mini 2GB/16GB
Looking to replace my dying nexus player, have narrowed it down to these 2 (based mainly on price $44 remix, $35 refurb fire) leaning towards the remix but the allwinner soc is not ideal, any progress on kodi/allwinner compatibily the info I've found is pretty old..

Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote
System on Chip (SoC) Platform Mediatek 8127D
CPU Quad-core ARM 1.3 GHz. 32-bit.
GPU Mali-450 MP4
Storage 8 GB internal
Memory 1GB
Networking: WiFi Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi supports 2x2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Networking: Ethernet No
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1. Supported profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, HID, IOPT.
USB Micro USB 2.0 (Power only)
Expandable Storage No

Jide Remix Mini 2GB RAM, 16GB
Processor 1.2GHz Quad-Core Cortex A53 (64-bit) Allwinner
OSRemix OS 2.0 - based off Android Lollipop
Memory 2GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics Mali400MP2; supports OpenGL ES2.0, Open VG1.1
Storage 16GB eMMC internal storage
Up to 128GB expandable storage
Video SupportH.265 4K Video Hardware Decoding
H.264 1080p @ 60fps or 720p @ 120fps video encoding
AudioAudio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
HDMI port multichannel audio output
Ports and Connections
2 x USB 2.0 Ports
1 x HDMI Port
1 x Ethernet Port
1 x Headphone Port
NetworkingWi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless networking compatible
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Ethernet: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
Well it all depends on your needs. For Kodi both are poor choices. The Stick will give you high def Netflix et al. If you want something for Kodi you are better off with a generic S905(X) box running LE in that price range. If you have needs outside Kodi then the Mi Box is probably a better choice than either of those two you picked but depending on your exact needs the Mi Box will still have short comings.
Agreed with @jakejm79.

I would only get the FireTV stick if you need Amazon Video. Choosing an Allwinner SoC for Kodi is going to end in disaster, a cheap AML S905 running LE Kodi would slaughter both of them.

Mi Box is a decent all rounder if you need DRM streaming Apps and Android TV like you had previously on the Nexus.

This seems to be to good of a deal, depending on who you believe, the seller claims the reviewer is wrong and it really is a s905..

Cewaal P8 tv box installed Amlogic S905 Quad-Core 2GB/16GB $29.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
Android 5.1 with wifi Streaming Media Player 2016 Upgrade

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FDA9E3A/ref...ng=UTF8&me=

ByMaxon June 16, 2017
Verified Purchase
This box have installed Android 4.4.2 not Android 5.1, but this is not a biggest lie. AIDA64 said it's AMLogic Meson8 AML8726-M8 Soc Model 32-bit ARMv7. It's old S802 processor not S905.
FWIW the specs list 100Mb LAN, I thought (but I guess it could vary from box to box) that the S905 came with gigabit LAN and the S802 (and S905X) comes with 100Mb LAN.

At worst the specs in the listing aren't clear which would lead me to doubt the seller and look elsewhere. Also it seems way to cheap for a S905 box with that RAM/storage combination, normally if the deal is too good to be true there is a reason for it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick/Voice Remote vs Jide Remix Mini 2GB/16GB0