Solved Stuttering video playback 2
Hi Everyone,

I'm having issues with Kodi for the last two months when it comes to video playback. I can't play videos neither online nor local, it keeps freezing every second. The audio seems to work fine, but the image freezes and keeps buffering as if the video was been streaming on a bad internet connection.

I have tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling to reconfigure the video settings and all.

I'm running Kodi on Mac OSX v10.9.5 Mavericks. I never had this issue before; I was using Kodi v17.1 I tried to upgrade to v17. 3 to see if the issue was solved, but it remained even with alpha v18.

Has anyone had this issue before and could solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Hello nasir.jones,

You will need to provide a debug log which captures the stuttering issue. Instructions are in my signature below. Use the Basic method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,

Here is my debug log https://paste.ubuntu.com/24948720/

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Quote:Running on Apple Inc. Macmini4,1

Could be related to Krypton issues on older Mac hardware here? --> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=281517

tl;dr: Try disabling HW video acceleration & dithering. If that doesn't help, downgrade to 16.1.
And on a click of a button, everything got back to normal. I have disabled video acceleration.

Thank you so much. Really made my day Smile

Cheers!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering video playback 20