Define Visible Screen Area?
for my needs (projector, 2:35.1 screen) i found dsplayer's "define visible screen area" option very useful, but now that i no longer need dsplayer, and have uninstalled it, this option no longer exists... so is there a way to just add some code directly to an estuary xml file(s) in order to achieve the same results? to be clear, i don't need to see or have the options in the gui settings, all i really need is to know where i can add some code that will produce the same results.... i played around with the estuary home.xml file but couldn't get it to work... fwiw i had the dspalyer "define visible screen area" option set to 0 for left/right and 180 for top/bottom... thanks in advance!
might I ask why you are in need of it? Doesn´t the GUI fit the screen? Is the GUI bigger than the screen?
(2017-06-23, 08:23)DaVu Wrote: might I ask why you are in need of it? Doesn´t the GUI fit the screen? Is the GUI bigger than the screen?
exactly... i liked the way that dsplayer's dvsa setting was global, when set it applied to the entire gui, not just the player, which i thought was kind of odd but great nonetheless... i've installed k18 which nixed dsplayer, is there any other way to manually edit k18 to produce the same results? i rummaged through scopenox and dsplayer files to see if there was an obvious/easy code that i could use but couldn't find anything...
I would more recommend to set up the projector correctly. That´s most likely an overscan issue and could be fixed by selecting another zoom option for the projector.

Which prjector is it exactly? By defining some visible screen (which seems to be the same as the video calibration in Kodi itself) you will loose native resolution which your projector should be able to show.
(2017-06-26, 11:00)DaVu Wrote: I would more recommend to set up the projector correctly. That´s most likely an overscan issue and could be fixed by selecting another zoom option for the projector.

Which prjector is it exactly? By defining some visible screen (which seems to be the same as the video calibration in Kodi itself) you will loose native resolution which your projector should be able to show.

From my point of view: the issue is that he use a 16:9 projector on a 21:9 screen and he probably want all of the kodi UI to be displayed
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-06-26, 12:20)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 11:00)DaVu Wrote: I would more recommend to set up the projector correctly. That´s most likely an overscan issue and could be fixed by selecting another zoom option for the projector.

From my point of view: the issue is that he use a 16:9 projector on a 21:9 screen and he probably want all of the kodi UI to be displayed

If that´s the case (16:9 prjector and 21:9 screen) then the projector should perfectly fit the screen and he has to mask the left and the right side of his screen (or top and bottom...whatever fits best).

There´s no good solution for it. Some projectors have the option to automatically zoon into 21:9 movies and automatically move the masking like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICWkLEgnPZ8

Some projectors also have the option to save the zoom position to only zoom into it once and then save that position in relation to the screen and the distance from the PJ to the screen. But those are pretty expensive. that´s why I asked which projector it is.

nah, not interested in "correctly", easy to go around and around on this subject, plenty of it at the avs forum, i just want 16:9 content to fill my 2:35 screen, which i'm able to do with my lumagen 3d mini, nonlinear stretch, love it, certainly not for everyone tho, for good reason, but my customers love it as well, especially 16:9 hd sports nls to fit a big 2:35.1 screen, the nba championship was awesome, talk about immersive.... with dsplayer's settings i didn't have to nls kodi's gui with the mini, it was great and worked perfectly with the 2:35.1 estuary mod i made... anyway, it just doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do, i.e. inject some of the same code dsplayer employed, which was global, not just for the dsplayer, but i can't figure it out... btw, what was also great about dsplayer is that after it was installed you didn't have to use the player to use its display area settings, unfortunately tho i can no longer take advantage of this since i updated to k18...
(2017-06-26, 12:20)Gracus Wrote: From my point of view: the issue is that he use a 16:9 projector on a 21:9 screen and he probably want all of the kodi UI to be displayed
yep, pretty much... i set up my projector (distance) specifically for 2:35.1 material to fill the 2:35.1 screen, knowing that 16:9 sources would spill over the top and bottom, but would be handled with the lumagen's nls function.... again, not for everyone, but i really dig it, really love the way 16:9 hd sports look, and 16:9 pixar/animated flicks absolutely rock.... here's an old vid of a guy doing the same thing... again, not for everyone, certainly not for purists, for my needs and environment it's perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwF7nYe-YzM
This is a feature I would love to have as well, but I would also like/need the ability to change this on the fly.

To be clear, I will explain exactly what my setup is (which I realize is not a very common one).
What I have is a CIH (constant image height) setup. My projector screen has a 2.40:1 aspect ratio, but the projector is natively a regular 16:9. The projector has motorized zoom and shift, and the screen has motorized masking on the sides. The end result is that the video fills the screen for any aspect ratio from 1.33:1 to 2.40:1, with no distortion of the aspect and with constant height. This is really the only "proper" way to view movies in the home theater IMHO, but is does means that the UI is cut off when viewing anything except 16:9 material.

Being able to set a "window" (x,y location and size) for the UI and have the skin treat those coordinates as the screen edges would be an awesome feature.
There was a user on a german home cinema forum who writes an addon which reads the mediainfo-part of nfo files from his movies which has a specific aspect ratio and then let his projector zoom automatically to the needed format and also move the motorized mask. That´s what I call an improvement Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Define Visible Screen Area?0