Solved Need help restoring Kodi 17.3
[edited: added the picture, thanks @karellen!]

Hello all,

I am not sure how it happened, but I accidentally downloaded a skin for Kodi Krypton 17.3 that makes the icons and font larger and the settings icon inaccessible. I am stuck where I can only access the music folder. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi twice, but it's not resolving. I feel like such an idiot and need help. Many thanks!

I'm trying to attach a pic but i'm not sure how to on this forum.

Angel

Hello @tiffaraydee,

No problems. The joys of experimenting. Don't let it put you off trying another skin though. Out of curiosity, which one was it?

To post an image in the forum, you need to first upload the image to picture pastebin site. Here is one example... https://imgbb.com/ Once you upload, it will give you a web address. Just copy and paste the address here.

Now for the real problem. You need to simply delete the file named guisettings.xml which will reset the skin back to its default. This means you lose any skin settings you applied like list types.

To find the file, read this wiki page here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen,

OMG thank you for your post. I've attached the picture in the original post.
I honestly don't know the name of the skin. I wasn't paying attention when I was looking for new skins, and next thing I knew, it was on this one.
It seems like the settings button is inaccessible.
I also deleted guisettings.xml but it didn't do anything.
I noticed that if I click towards the corner, I can access other folders, but just not the settings one.

Thank you!
It's been resolved.
After hitting S and trying to get to the settings button, it finally worked.
The newbie learns Wink
Great to hear Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help restoring Kodi 17.30