Solved hidden files shown despite setting being unchecked
I'm running LibreElec on a Odroid 2 but I'd already seen this with OSMC on my Raspi 3: despite having "show hidden files" unchecked, the hidden folders

$RECYCLE.BIN
System Volume Information

are visible under Videos when I plug in my external USB3 drive. How come? These folders do not show when I view the HDD in Kodi on Windows.
I am not sure but a file or directory usually needs to have a . at the start of it's name to be hidden. Like .hidden .
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-25, 07:21)nickr Wrote: I am not sure but a file or directory usually needs to have a . at the start of it's name to be hidden. Like .hidden .
That is correct. The mentioned files may well have the hidden attribute set in Windows, but that means nothing to Linux and those files will be treated as regular files.
If you're moving the drive back and forth between the two OSes and Windows keeps creating those folders, you should be able to hide them from Kodi in advancedsettings.xml with something like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <excludefromlisting>
      <regexp>System Volume Information</regexp>
      <regexp>$RECYCLE.BIN</regexp>
    </excludefromlisting>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Awesome, thanks!
I've completely forgotten about this but now that I have a new Android player with Kodi I've added this to my adavancedsettings.xml but both dirs still show up. Any idea why that is? Maybe I need to change the expression as to look for these specific filenames or something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hidden files shown despite setting being unchecked0