OS X How to restart Kodi when freezes (without keyboard/mouse)
Hello.

My Kodi freezes from time to time. When it happends I have to connect my mouse and keyboard, then force quit, restart, ... and it take a lot of effort (especially for my wife). Is there a more convenient way, how to do that? Eg. auto restart when freezed?

Im also using "Unified remote" app on my iPhone. But its not much more better :/
Mac Mini (2012),  2,3Ghz, i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3,  macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Windows 10. Ext HDD 4TB (USB 3.0) ExFAT NTFS, . Kodi 18.3 (compiled 2019-06-28). 
When a bit bomb goes off, the entire system is compromised to some degree, the restart is a safer way to get back into form. It's possible to have a close/restart batch file, but if a bit bomb has taken out the system, it's not likely to respond at that point. A better solution would be to look for the bit bomb and defuse it, turn on debug logging in settings and see what you can make of it with a text editor, then using cut&paste the log (wiki) to a public pastebin and link that URL back to this thread, and perhaps there will be a clue in that.

These kind of freezes are likely to be rogue add-ons, or network flow issues.
PatK: Im really glad, when someone wants to help. Really! So this thanks goes to you! Smile

But I have relatively old Mac Mini 2010 and there is a lot of issues (eg. unsupported graphics card). Also I have in Kodi a screensaver with 20GB of photos. This native plugin sometime freezes without any reason in log file. I tried to find out where is the problem, but public doesn't help. So I have to live with 1-2 restarts per week. Thats why I'm looking for solution - how to easily restart freezed Kodi.
Mac Mini (2012),  2,3Ghz, i7, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3,  macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Windows 10. Ext HDD 4TB (USB 3.0) ExFAT NTFS, . Kodi 18.3 (compiled 2019-06-28). 
Quote:Kodi a screensaver with 20GB of photos. This native plugin sometime freezes without any reason in log file.
I do remember that one... and yes it's the screensaver. Not much I can do for you, as mentioned, once binary code misbehaves, corralling the binary bits is an impossible task. I do understand, but if all you are doing is using a slideshow, check out some stand-alone slideshow programs and viewers.

If you want to have your cake and to eat it too.... then you might want to investigate a new box presented in our hardware forum as a sticky https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to restart Kodi when freezes (without keyboard/mouse)0