Kodi 17.3 laggy on menu
Hi. My problem is that kodi menu on windows is very laggy. Mkv movies and tv shows plays smooth, but choppines on menu is very annoyin.
I've been using libreelec extended for acouple of day and is smooth as silk

But i still prefer windows cause i like rocketlaucher and launch some old windows game like silent hill saga and virtua tennis 4

I try dissabling some services on windows 8.1 and still no luck

My specs are

I3 3.1
4gb ram
Intel Hd2000

Emulators and those games runs smooth with those specs, and as i said, on libreelec menus and emus runs smooth too

I blame to 32bit kodi win and on linux there's 64 version.

Im clueless

Thank you

Enviado desde mi GT-I9105P mediante Tapatalk
Quote:Im clueless
but you have enough knowledge to blame Kodi 32bit. Interesting.

I dare say your problem is your HD2000 graphics chip. Check your graphics specs against the minimum hardware requirements here http://kodi.wiki/view/Hardware_requirement#Windows

Also, post a debug log which captures the problem. We might be able to pick up some setting inconsistencies.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well. Maybe im not made myself understand very well xd.

What i meant is maybe in linux works smooth because.is 64bit architecture, and in win is just 32. I think the performance is increased cause of this. How do I compare? Because i got 2 hdd so i swap between them in the very same dell.

Same hardware; windows is laggy and libreelec is smooth.

I soon as i get home i'll post a log.

Thank you

Pd: i m not english native

Oh, ok. You were making a comparison between two platforms. Sorry I thought you were stating that you had a laggy GUI.

I can't comment on your observation as I don't have libreelec. Maybe others can.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:linux works smooth because.is 64bit architecture, and in win is just 32. I think the performance is increased cause of this.
No, there is a slight encoding/decoding performance increase with 64 bit, but it's so slight as to say they're running the same. The biggest factor outside of the graphics engine (which is basically the interface) is the o/s itself. I proved this to myself with a dual boot system, one linux and the other windows, ran the same iteration of Kodi using the same set-up and same movie, watching CPU/GPU usage, the Windows system was stuttering with 100% cpu, and gpu was threshold, in Linux it was 35% cpu and smooth as silk.

You could prove it to yourself with Kodi 18 Alpa, but dare I say you might be disappointed.
dual boot libreelec?

Get better drivers for your video card?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have several hdd, and im no friend of dual boot....

So. It looks like is a windows thing, my specs are not the best. But enough to my needs.
In windows always my cpu is about 70% and about 2500mb ram on idle. In linux librelec on mkv 1080p playback is about 45% and less than 2gb ram. Im not at home yet to post a log Sad

There may be better drivers available for your video device.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
One things to keep in mind: while windows 8.1 use WDDM 1.3, it seems that the HD2000 driver provided for this OS only works with WDDM 1.2 that was made for windows 8

So there may be some functionnalities that do not work properly
Moanbag is in da place!
I had poor menu performance on windows 7 with Kodi 17x. Switched to Linux for unrelated reasons and the problem was gone (same hardware).

Sorry I can't help more but I do think there is an issue somewhere with the windows release.

I tried resetting my profile on windows and that didn't help, so it wasnt an add-on.

Sent from my A0001
Could be wrong but I would bet it comes from the fact that even if kodi does set a fix refresh rate it probably does not really send the corresponding fps* (probably to avoid high hardware load on UI) and Windows probably does not like it

(* sending a new frame only when a redraw was needed)
Moanbag is in da place!
For those who wants to try, just add this to your advancedsettings.xml file

Code:
<gui>    
  <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>
Moanbag is in da place!
Is that new in 17? 16 was fine for me and I thought it did that dynamic FPS thing.

Sent from my A0001
It was probably already there in v16

But with all the changes that has been made between v16 and v17, maybe it should not be there anymore...
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.3 laggy on menu0