Win Screen tearing when using G-Sync - Workaround
Now that is quite interesting. With G-Sync off, I'm getting between 60 and 144 fps, most notably 143.7fps with the test patterns. With G-Sync on, it fluctuates between 30 and 1660 fps, with around 1660 fps in the test patterns. I've tried playing with v-sync settings, but it makes no difference. You're probably right about the "all the frames you can render" idea. Now that you've mentioned it, I saw increased CPU usage with G-sync on; the CPU was probably trying to keep up.
Thank you for the workaround, kriz2!
The tearing is way better now, but it isn't completely gone.
Would you mind sharing the rest of your settings? Maybe my global settings differ from yours.

Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply, I was away for the weekend. My settings are fairly close to the defaults.

watch gallery

I'm not changing refresh rates in Kodi, or syncing playback to display. That might also make a difference.
Hi,

first of all sorry for my English, I have a 3440x1440 g-sync monitor and a gtx 1080 ti.

I can confirm that kodi interface is not working properly while g-sync is activated (I have test it with kodi 16.x and the las kodi 17.x version available at this moment)

With kodi 16.1 while playing a 23,976 fps movie and with g-sync activated kodi change the refresh-rate to 23,976-24 fps

With kodi 17.x while playing a 23,976 fps movie and with g-sync activated kodi does not change the refresh-rate so it stays to desktop refresh-rate

Hope this info helps. If any log file is needed please just tell me.

Greetings
Hi,

after a lot of time I have tried again with the same result, gsync is not working with kodi no matter the version of kodi and the version of nvidia driver, except for one combination that I know.

Kodi v16.1
Nvidia Driver 388.71
Setting Nvidia driver for kodi.exe with  fast vertical sync, g-sync and triple buffer.

¿Can anybody compare why it works in this unique combination vs other combinations?

Thanks
I also have a 3440x1440 34" gaming montor with G-Sync. Using an Asus GTX 1080ti to power my rig. 
KODI is lagging and totally useless when G-sync is enabled in Nvidia Control panel.

Im on the latext Kodi 18 Leia, and latest Geforce drivers released for Battlefield 5.
Hi,

today I have done more testing, I have updated with a clean installation of kody kodi-17.6-Krypton-x86 and Nvidia 417.01-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql (latest drivers at this day). I have forced while gaming wither 3 and NVIDIA DSR so much graphic load in order to achieve 24 fps in the game, and yes, the monitor, with g-sync gets a 24 Hz refresh, here is a photo of this:

What it is clear, that g-sync Nvidia Cards and monitor are able to work/refresh at 24 fps/Hz

So, ¿why kodi can not put the g-sync monitor to work/switch to 24 fps/Hz?

Here some logs of the failed attempts to achieve kodi to put the monitor at 24 fps/Hz:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/SCpB3JqsRV/
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/bCzbSVpjHk/

It is a pity to have such great monitor and not to be able to see in films at 24 fps/Hz

Thanks
Because we don't support G-SYNC, quite easy. If you want it, implement it - it's nowhere on our far too huge list.

Start here: github.com/xbmc
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok,

but a few time ago, with Kodi 16.1 G-Sync worked, here is a screenshot I made for that time:

¿how is it possible?

Now, unfortunately, with Kodi 16.1 is not working anymore.

Thanks
Then it seems you found a solution.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-12-01, 22:12)fritsch Wrote: Then it seems you found a solution.
 It worked in that moment, unfortunately not anymore
Means a software that was not changed for 2.5 years was suddenly broken by a system / driver / whatever update?

Funny - perhaps the next update will fix it again, hehe.
Maybe Smile 

I hope, but I really doubt it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen tearing when using G-Sync - Workaround0