Windows Hardware recommendations
My current kodi box is starting to act up, Random reboots and non-blue screen crashes. Last time I took a model from the main HW thread, But was not too impressed. It lasted me about 18 months. When I rebuilt it I reaslized all the drivers weren't even resisted to MS.

My first box was an ACER revo which was great, but was getting old and had issues streaming Netflix, I replaced it with a Tronsmart machine (200ish$), which worked well for a while but I tend to need to reboot it every couple days where my first only needed it once a month for MS patching. This doesn't include the random reboots mid show. I've done a complete rebuilt and its still acting up which makes me think its aging cheap hardware.

Can anyone suggest a decent inexpensive machine(300-350ish Can$) to run Win10 & Kodi. I use the Aeon Nox skin because I find its lighter and have gotten used to it. I'd rather stick to a windows box for simplicity. The Tronsmart only had a 32 GB SSD drive which I find a little small, and I had to juggle space to patch it. Last requirement: CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON AMAZON. while the other thread has tons of great suggestions every time i look for it online its out of stock.
How about an Intel NUC box. A little larger, but holds a 2.5" SSD. I have a NUC5PPYH and it does a great job of running Libreelec from a flash card or running Linux from an SSD. It would certainly run Windows 10 too.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Looks decent spec wise, I was hoping for a complete box (HD & OS included). I used to do custom PCs before but reached the point were I'd rather buy a complete PC. The only thing I want to do is reloaded the OS to wipe the bloatware. But I still want the Win10 licence included, the key is embedded in the BIOS now.

I know I can put a Linux OS on there but I currently use a USB MCE IR, and Harmony remote I don't want to have to replace or spend a lot of time getting to work.
I'm looking at the new version of the revo (revo build), but I don't see win10 licence included. and the Revo one is a full replacement fro Kodi.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/mo....B28AA.001
How about this one, and I believe the Windows 10 is included. I don't have one, so I can't verify any of the information. I do have the Vorke V2 and it is fantastic for the price.

Price: USD $189.99 with free shipping.

VORKE V1 Plus Intel Apollo Lake J3455 4K@60hz 4G RAM 64GB SSD Windows MINI PC 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN Wake-on LAN Bluetooth4.2 HDMI & VGA Output USB3.0 + Free B.O.W Keyboard

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/VORKE-V1-...79383.html
That look very promising. I see it on amazon.ca for 265C$. I'll double check shipping to Canada from GeekBuying. I've had issues in the past with cross border shipping and duties. Amazon simplifies things.
(2017-06-25, 18:33)CannonFodder Wrote: That look very promising. I see it on amazon.ca for 265C$. I'll double check shipping to Canada from GeekBuying. I've had issues in the past with cross border shipping and duties. Amazon simplifies things.

Ask about shipping from Geekbuying to Canada, on Freaktab website. scooter2014 on Freaktab lives in Canada and buys a lot from Geekbuying, he can answer your questions. I am in the US and buy a lot from Geekbuying, only takes 10 days from order to arriving.

Trebor from Freaktab gives a good review of this computer.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...b3-0-black
If you got an old Windows key, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free, just did it about 2 months ago on a Kaby Lake NUC.

Sent from my HTC 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Hardware recommendations0