Change start location from Movies to TV shows
In Estuary, when Kodi starts the default location in the left hand menu is Movies. I'd like to change that so when Kodi starts, the default location is TV Shows.

In Home.xml I tried changing:

<defaultcontrol>9000</defaultcontrol>

to

<defaultcontrol>6000</defaultcontrol>

but that didn't change anything. And frankly that pretty much sums up my knowledge about XML and how Kodi works. Any suggestions on how to change the default location?
As I can´t figure it out myself for the moment (and I´m also not a skinner) Wink but you could do it with an autoexec.py in the kodi userdata folder. Create that file and fill it with:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Down)')

That will move one step down to TV-Shows at the start of kodi. Not the thing you want exactly, but it will work Wink
(2017-06-26, 11:14)DaVu Wrote: As I can´t figure it out myself for the moment (and I´m also not a skinner) Wink but you could do it with an autoexec.py in the kodi userdata folder. Create that file and fill it with:

Code:
import xbmc

That will move one step down to TV-Shows at the start of kodi. Not the thing you want exactly, but it will work Wink

I gave that a shot, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I think it may be due to nothing having focus when Kodi starts, so there's no place to go down from. Sad
I figured it out. In Home.xml, look for this text:

Code:
<item>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
    <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return)</onclick>
    <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(tvshows)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
    <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[6000]</property>
    <thumb>icons/sidemenu/tv.png</thumb>
    <property name="id">tvshows</property>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowButton)</visible>
</item>

and move it up above the previous <item>. This will move TV Shows to the top of the left hand menu, above Movies, and thus will be the default location when Kodi starts.
(2017-06-27, 01:11)bcarney Wrote:
(2017-06-26, 11:14)DaVu Wrote: As I can´t figure it out myself for the moment (and I´m also not a skinner) Wink but you could do it with an autoexec.py in the kodi userdata folder. Create that file and fill it with:

Code:
import xbmc

I gave that a shot, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I think it may be due to nothing having focus when Kodi starts, so there's no place to go down from. Sad

sure, if you have changed the <defaultcontroll> to 6000 there might nothing be focussed and therefore the autoexec.py won´t work. I thought you reverted that change already Wink

But glad you figured it out

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change start location from Movies to TV shows0