Weird library scanning problem
I don't know why this kind of stuff happens to me on such a regular basis but it does. This problem is even difficult for me to describe. I have a movie titled "The Bomb". I scanned the movie to the library using the same techniques as always. Watching the scan progress bar as it scanned in it looked as though the movie scanned fine, however, when it was done scanning I could find no reference to it anywhere in KODI. If I use the library search function it says the movie is in the library but when I click on the search result that says "The Bomb" it takes me to a totally random movie title. If I repeat the search the results are the same until I close and reopen KODI at which time the search function will then take me to a new random title until I close and reopen KODI which merely cause the process to repeat. This is the only way I have been able to find any reference to the movie in KODI. There is no way to delete (or un-scan) the title as the only way I can see the title is thru the search function. I removed the movie from my computer and re-scanned the library to no avail. "The Bomb" still shows in the search results but no where else that I can find. I then put "The Bomb" back on my computer and attempted to re-scan it but nothing happens, just as if the scanner does not recognize it (or thinks the movie is already there). Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your efforts
When you removed the movie from the computer, it did not affect Kodi in any way. You need to remove it from the Kodi library for it to have an affect. To do this...

1. highlight the movie
2. call up the Context Menu
3. select Manage
4. select Remove from Library

You are most likely having issues due to the way you named the movie. A quick search on The MovieDB brings up 115 movies with that or similar title. You need to go to the site https://www.themoviedb.org/ find the movie there, then name your movie EXACTLY as is shown on the website.

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen,
Thanks for the fast one! The only way I can get Kodi to admit that it has "The Bomb" in its library is to search for it. The results come up lickety split but I can only do one thing to that search display. I can left click on it thinking it will take me to the movie in the library but it takes me to a totally random movie. Right clicking the search result does nothing...no context menu. Other then the search results I can find no evidence that Kodi knows the movie is on the computer. The reason I took the movie off the computer is that I was hoping that by re-scanning with the movie gone Kodi would realize that the movie was no longer there and remove any visage it had so I could start over with a totally fresh scan. As it stands Kodi believes the movie is on the computer and has sort of scanned in enuf of the metadata to make Kodi see it in a search but not enuf to list it correctly in the library. Very confusing. By the way the file is named EXACTLY as it is listed at both IMDB and TMDB. I have been at Kodi for a couple of years now and I have to admit that naming conventions are VERY important to a successful scan. It took a while but I have gotten to the point where I can sort them out pretty fast now. This is some kind of orphaned result deal. Very perplexing. If you or anyone else has any ideas I'm all ears. Thanks again for your reply.
OK then go into files mode and remove it from the library from there. Then turn on debugging then restart kodi, then scan for it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:The reason I took the movie off the computer is that I was hoping that by re-scanning with the movie gone Kodi would realize that the movie was no longer there and remove any visage it had so I could start over with a totally fresh scan
Yes, correct thinking. Do this as follows:

1. Remove the Movie from the source, so Kodi has no access to it.
2. Go to Settings>Media Settings>Library. Run the Clean Library option in the Video section (not the Music section) This will clear out the orphaned entries.
3. Find the movie at that website I gave you and check the title
4. Chances are the title is different to the way you have named it, so copy and paste the title to your file/directory
5. Move the movie back into Kodi,
6. Scrape

Steps 3 & 4 are for the benefit of others if they have similar problems. You state you have checked the name.

Hopefully that works.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Two different methods offered. Both should work
My Signature
Wow! This is embarrassing (as usual). After messing with this problem for the better part of an evening and trying the suggestions that Karellen and nickr proposed I came back from dinner, turned on Kodi and there is "The Bomb" snuggled neatly into the library. I have no idea what made it work! When I left for dinner I was pretty well resigned to the fact that "The Bomb "was never going to be in my Kodi. Now heres the weird part of this. When I search for "The Bomb" I get two identical results. Both say "the Bomb". One now takes me to "The Bomb" movie as you would expect and one still takes me to totally random movies. I can live with the two differing search results as long as "The Bomb" is really in the library. It sure would be nice to know the why of it but I'll take what I can get. Thanks to you all for your efforts of suppoert.
Glad it worked.

If you go to the movie information page, highlight the "Refresh" button in the bottom right (Estuary skin v17.x). Underneath should display the file location address, Do this for both and see which is in error. It will also tell you which actual file it scraped. It's possible you may have scraped, maybe, the trailer or some other random file.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird library scanning problem0