v17 Possible Bug in Tagreader
Hi,
i've noticed an odd issue with tagreader. For example:
3-Disc album "The Real... Bob Dylan" with album tag "The Real... Bob Dylan" is displayed in KODI music database as three albums. If i change the album tag to "The Real Bob Dylan" (without ... ) ist is displayed, as it should, as one 3-Disc album.

MediaInfo:
Code:
General
Complete name                            : D:\Musik_Test\Bob Dylan (2012) - The Real... Bob Dylan\Disc 01\03. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall.flac
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
File size                                : 41.5 MiB
Duration                                 : 6 min 51 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 845 kb/s
Album                                    : The Real... Bob Dylan
Album/Performer                          : Bob Dylan / Bob Dylan
Part                                     : 01/03
Track name                               : A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
Track name/Position                      : 3/16
Performer                                : Bob Dylan
Genre                                    : Folk / Rock
Recorded date                            : 2012
Cover                                    : Yes
Cover type                               : Cover (front)
Cover MIME                               : image/jpeg
ORIGYEAR                                 : 2012

Audio
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Duration                                 : 6 min 51 s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 841 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Stream size                              : 41.3 MiB (100%)
Writing library                          : libFLAC 1.3.1 (UTC 2014-11-25)

Could you please fix this glitch in one of the upcoming versions?
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Cavaradossi
Weird. Unfortunately I have not been able to repeat the issue with "..." in title of a muiti-disc album.

The "album/performer" in your listing seems an odd thing, would be good to see the actual tag names and values rather than whatever you are using decides to call them.

Could you show me the tags using Mp3tag, and the extened dialog (alt+T) listing values for a track.
Yeah I'm thinking its just a tagging issue. Need to see those tags.
@helta, @DaveBlake, Thanks for your replies.

(2017-06-28, 16:05)DaveBlake Wrote: Could you show me the tags using Mp3tag, and the extened dialog (alt+T) listing values for a track.
Of course, Screenshot ->

and logfiles from import:
Log_1 (The Real... Bob Dylan) ->Link<-
Log_2 (The Real Bob Dylan) ->Link<-

BTW, in foobar2000 library and in MusicBee library the album is shown as it should, as 3-disc album.

Best regards
Cavaradossi
Thanks for that. I now wonder if the issue is scraper related, you are scraping on library update, something I didn't do. I will do some more testing.

Do you have "Prefer online information" setting enabled?

Also having "ALBUM ARTIST" and "ALBUMARTIST" tags is a little odd. Kodi will process both, but the second one it finds will overwrite the first so that should not be the issue.
(2017-06-29, 16:42)DaveBlake Wrote: Do you have "Prefer online information" setting enabled?
Yes, afetr disabling "Prefer online information" import is fine.

(2017-06-29, 16:42)DaveBlake Wrote: Also having "ALBUM ARTIST" and "ALBUMARTIST" tags is a little odd. Kodi will process both, but the second one it finds will overwrite the first so that should not be the issue.
It is a relic from the beginning of my digital music archive (~20 years ago). The tags are identical in nearly 100% of the files.
(2017-06-29, 16:55)Cavaradossi Wrote:
(2017-06-29, 16:42)DaveBlake Wrote: Do you have "Prefer online information" setting enabled?
Yes, afetr disabling "Prefer online information" import is fine.
Ah ha! So scraper related not tagging.
"Prefer online info" is my most hated setting (if I can have such a thing!). I have only recently discovered that the original idea of that setting was for fully Musicbrianz Id tagged music to be kept in sync with any changes at Musicbrainz without having to re-tag the music files. Well the implemetation had flaws, and then got changed as the idea was lost, then it seemed the idea was for scraping to sort out messy tagging (it can't), and the result is that it can do some unexpected things sometimes.

I am looking to restore the originally intended use for v18, I'll check this what happens to disc sets as part of that. Meanwhile I would recommend "Prefer online info" is disabled.

Quote:
(2017-06-29, 16:42)DaveBlake Wrote: Also having "ALBUM ARTIST" and "ALBUMARTIST" tags is a little odd. Kodi will process both, but the second one it finds will overwrite the first so that should not be the issue.
It is a relic from the beginning of my digital music archive (~20 years ago). The tags are identical in nearly 100% of the files.
Fine. But if you ever have ALBUM ARTIST = "xxxx", ALBUMARTIST = "yyyy" then Kodi will see this has having 2 album artists "xxxx" and "yyyy", so just be aware of this possible effect.
(2017-06-29, 17:19)DaveBlake Wrote: Fine. But if you ever have ALBUM ARTIST = "xxxx", ALBUMARTIST = "yyyy" then Kodi will see this has having 2 album artists "xxxx" and "yyyy", so just be aware of this possible effect.
I am aware of that. Changing the tags is on my ToDo since some years Rolleyes
Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible Bug in Tagreader0