How to load a url page throgh kodi add on
Can somebody please explain the steps on how to be able to load a url page through a addon.....for example ...i want to be able to open a addon and then be able to open for example Google.com from within that addon

Thanx in advance
Thread moved to OS independent for now
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Kodi does not have a webbrowser, if that's your intention. You can however read/load the content of a website, process it via python and then feed the desired databack to Kodi in the way you want, but I'm the wrong person to explain how to do that (I'm not a python dev). We however have some examples and tutorials on our Wiki to get started http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_development
which OS are we talking about?

It might be possible depending on the OS and what might be available. So we need more info about the system in general.
If you are on Android you are in luck
Hi DaVu
I have kodi on multiple platforms...lets just say i want to use it on Windows Kodi or on Android...please can you give me a tutorial to go buy.....i already have my own addon with pastebin files but my objective is to open a url page such as Google.com or a informative site such as http://www.imdb.com/
Da-anda...i don´t want a webbrowser
You said ". You can however read/load the content of a website, process it via python and then feed the desired databack to Kodi in the way you want,"

I am quite sure this will be the solution...can you redirect me to the correct tutorial....I have never used Python before but i learn quickly....
Thank you
I probably could assist in a bit with Kodi+python under linux. I absolutely have zero knowledge for android.

Ok, but let's start somewhere. Might take a bit, but could be fun Wink

Do I understand it correctly....you open an addon, paste an URL in some text field, hit "OK" and then magically a browser which is installed in Windows should open loading that specific URL?
This is becoming addon development - moving again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Use chrome-launcher.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Davu....
I dont want to have to insert a text field......i would rather have a TITLE within my addon...and when clicking on that name , would open the contents of a webpage i have in mind. Could you possibly send me an email to [email protected] ... in this way i could give you more detailed information

Regards
Nickr
My objective is not to use an external application....i want to be able to load a web page withing my addon.
I know this is possible because i have installed an addon where this is functioning.

Thankx for the reply
We do not provide email assistance.

You can display anything you like in a kodi dialog, download the page, process it, display.

Kodi has no built in web browser.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh and which add-on are you referring to? i.e. where you see this happening?
gamezone69:
Your request is vague.
I'm going to assume you already have an addon you're working on

Code:
import requests
a=requests.get('https://www.google.com')
xbmc.log(a.text,xbmc.LOGNOTICE)
you get the raw html in a.text

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to load a url page throgh kodi add on0