v15 Similar Movies
I have a spreadsheet with a listing of similar movies for each movie in my collection. For example 10th Victim (1965) is similar to: |Running Man, The (1987)|Rollerball (1975)|Death Race 2000 (1975)|Condemned, The (2007).

I have this for each of my thousands of movies (I believe the listing was built from allmovie.com way back then).

Anyone have suggestions for using this information to help viewers find a movie to watch? The obvious approach would be for the user look up a movie they like, go to that movie's information page, and see suggestions for similar movies.

A how-to would be helpful (I've only been using Kodi for 2 weeks now). I can easily generate an .NFO for each movie containing the spreadsheet information. But then what?

Thanks for any thoughts.

MC
Any reason you are using an old unsupported version of kodi?

I think you'd need to develop an addon, and then work that into a skin. None of which is simple.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have the latest version of Kodi for FireTV2 ... just don't know how to use this forum. My latest thought is to add the similar movies as tags to movies ... then the user can go into the main menu and select a movie just like selecting a genre. Instead of genres they will see a list of all movies that contain similar movies. What I don't know how to do is to make each tag button the same dimensions ... so the button for movie 9/11 (2001) is the same width (and height) as the movie Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex - But Were Afraid to Ask (1972)

Thx for any insights.
MC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Similar Movies0