OS X Setting up EPG Data with a Mac
I have a Mac with an EyeTV tuner which I use for my OTA channels. I want to use Kodi installed on my two Amazon FireTV to watch and record those programs. I've successfully installed Kodi on both FireTV s and can receive the channels for viewing using the IPTV Simple client Add-on. Now I'm trying to set up the EPG data, and am having no luck. I can't even figure out how to start. Most of the pages I read go over my head. It looks like the only way I can get something to possibly work is using a program with line command functions in terminal, which I've done before, but I can't get to the point of installing those programs. I tried http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net, and downloaded the Mac version, but it's just a file, not an installer, and I don't know what to do with it to install it so I can use the command line functions to (as I understand it) create an xml file which will give me my listings. I'm actually not sure if I need to create a file, or if there's a website I can just paste into the EPG preference of the IPTV plugin which will give me my local channels.

I'm obviously pretty out of my league here, so any help is appreciated.
xmltv.org
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I finally found a web page that had a walk-through for what I needed. (http://hdhrviewer.zynine.net/initial-set...l-for-osx/), and I managed to create an xmltv.xml file. It appears to have all the correct data in it. But in Kodi, in the EPG data section, I selected the path to that file with location set to Local Path, but the guide is still blank. When I restart Kodi, I'll see a circle begin as if it's loading the guide data, and I'll see it get to 2%, but then it goes away, and the guide is blank. Any ideas what I'm missing?
Figured this out as well. For some reason, the channel names automatically assigned in EyeTV didn't match the TV guide listings I downloaded. So I manually went through on EyeTV and changed changed each channel name to exactly match what was downloaded in the XMLTV file. Next is figuring out how to use Kodi to record shows.
Not sure that you can. From what I read, eyetv sets up iptv channels and kodi picks them up via iptvsimple. iptvsimple does not record. It is simply an iptv watcher.

Why it even qualifies as PVR (where R = Recorder) I am unsure.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah, I did some more researching, and it looks like it's impossible. Guess I'll still record with the EyeTV software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up EPG Data with a Mac0