Cyborg Gaming Lights not working since Kodi 16
Hello, as title said I have a pair of Cyborg Gaming Lights link that are wotking ok in version 15, but as i upgrade to 16 or 17 they are no longer detected by ambx app (v 1.2.7) and not working. For now I am using Kodi vers 15.2.
Anyone has any idea?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
CPU I3 3217U
GPU Intel HD 4000
SSD 120 Gb
RAM 4 Gb
I'm more curious to find out how well these enhance the experience, is it just gaming or do you have them operational for movies or music? In truth, if you have a set-up that works well with this device, then I would say 'don't fix what isn't broke'. I've got an old scanner that no longer has driver support, so basically I hang on to an old computer just to keep the scanner operational. Suggestions to try; consider a small box that will run Kodi 15.2 and your Mad Catz Cyborg amBX Gaming Lights, or alternatively get into a modern set-up exclusively for Kodi and enjoy some of the great enhancements that are being offered with the latest.

Not sure you'll get many users in the windows o/s support for this... perhaps this thread? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208301 If you like I can move your post along to another section of the forum 'e.g. hardware?

Hardware might be a better spot to post or feature requests for further development. Last resort, might be considered as the first resort is to appeal to the manufacturer for support.
Hello PatK,

I am very pleased with the lights, I use them only for movies and the experience is great. Basically it wide your perception of the screen by projecting lights on the wall. You can search on youtube to see some videos.
You are right when say 'don't fix what isn't broke'. But..I watch 3D movies and I like the zoom feature in Kodi. Unfortunately till vers 16 is not working correctly with DXVA enabled. So I am forced to use pixel shader and this is cpu more usage. Vers 16 onwords zoom feature is working ok with DXVA, but my Cyborg Gaming Lights are not detected and can't use them. My cpu can handle pixel shader decoding but I would like to use DXVA instead.

I use the latest drivers and they are a little old as date of release and I think I don't find any support there.

I was wondering if any one has this problem and can give an advice.

If you think hardware might be a better spot to post, please do that.
Do they work if you turn off hardware acceleration?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-28, 22:52)nickr Wrote: Do they work if you turn off hardware acceleration?

Since ver.16 Kodi.exe is not detected by AMBX software, so they don't.
Sounds like you should be talking to the people you paid good money to for your lighting system.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You are right nickr, unfortunately Cyborg/Mad Catz did not update they drivers since 2012, so I don't have any hope with them.

I thought that maybe someone from Kodi stuff know what was change from Kodi 15.2 to 16 that make my gaming lights not working.
There's a lot of development each iteration and from 15.2 to 16 was a big jump. I'll move this thread over to hardware, you might get others to offer advice.
I have a set somewhere in tha house, so I could test one and the other, but I use W10 as OS on all of my test-builds over here. If I get them going with alternative amBX software then there could still be a no go under W7. Windows 7 and amBX (Philips and Mad Catz) was never my favorite combination.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Thanks p750mmx, if you found a solution on Win 10 I will install and use Win 10, I don't know if you will found any drivers for Gaming Lights on Win 10. Here are my drivers link used on Win 7.
OK, it was less of a problem then I think it would be. The lights are running under W10 and Kodi 17.x. I use the latest drivers that I could find (yours), and installed the package and updated what was offered to update after installation. There was a minor issue under W10 with the lights that could easily be fixed with this guide << thanks for that. I use the latest version of AmbiBox that I was already using when the lights still were active and running with Windows 8 on my major HTPC, it has support for amBX within the settings. You could try Ambibox under W7 but as I can remember that wasn't a great combination. Much lag and no smooth lighting and it effected the smoothness of video playing. Maybe there is some other third party software out there that works even better then Ambibox?

I moved to a 10 channel lighting solution quite some time ago, so I don't wanna put much time in the MadCatz lights but I wanted to know if it could work Kodi 17.x and W10, and it does.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Thank you for the great news, I will try first AmbiBox on my current Win7, if it is not working I will install and try on Win10. I will report if it work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cyborg Gaming Lights not working since Kodi 160