• 3(current)
v17 Horizon - Krypton
@chrispe, close Kodi, edit guisettings.xml (in userdata (wiki) and blank the Skin setting, or set it to Estuary.

EDIT ie this line
Code:
<skin>skin.horizon</skin>
to
Code:
<skin>skin.estuary</skin>
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-04, 09:17)Hitcher Wrote: Nice skin. Big Grin
Unfortunately none of the Recent, Recommended, or Random items work.
Are you talking about widgets? Playlist or Library Data Provider or Skin Helper widgets?
All seem to work fine for me. The skin uses skinshortcuts so there might be left overs from a previous setup of another skin that don't play nice.

(2017-07-04, 10:10)chrispe Wrote: help jurialmunkey, i installed the beta and i am stucked at the following screen, i hear the sounds moving to the menus but nothing changes to the screen so i can't return to other skins. Tell me that restore is not my only option

Looks like skinshortcuts didn't build the home menu for some reason. How did you install the skin? Did you have skinshortcuts installed before you installed the skin? And if you did have it installed, have you used another skin previously that uses skinshortcuts? (e.g. Eminence, Arctic, Refocus, Mimic, Titan, (fuse)neue)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
i used arctic,mimic from time to time with no issues and they are still installed for future use. Before install your beta i used a mod of estuary. I instelled it like the way i do for every skin, downloaded zip from your github, upload it to my odroid and then installation from estuary menus. Now i'm trying to find the easiest way to upload edited guisettings.xml to my odroid (i use windows machine and kodi is installed with libreelec)
(2017-07-04, 09:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 08:55)xodi Wrote: Cool! Can you add the Arial font set to the skin? It's better to make the discart spinning.

Added Arial fontset.

I don't see any point to having discart spinning if you can see the whole thing. Unnecessary drain on system resources to have something animated constantly.

Thanks! In the showcase view, there is only several posters and one discart, I don't have any concern on the resource consuming for spinning discart. Any way, this skin is very clean and cool! Thanks for your great contributions on the skins. I also like Eminece very much!
(2017-07-04, 11:07)chrispe Wrote: i used arctic,mimic from time to time with no issues and they are still installed for future use. Before install your beta i used a mod of estuary. I instelled it like the way i do for every skin, downloaded zip from your github, upload it to my odroid and then installation from estuary menus. Now i'm trying to find the easiest way to upload edited guisettings.xml to my odroid (i use windows machine and kodi is installed with libreelec)
Ssh in and edit it manually with nano.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-04, 11:45)nickr Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 11:07)chrispe Wrote: i used arctic,mimic from time to time with no issues and they are still installed for future use. Before install your beta i used a mod of estuary. I instelled it like the way i do for every skin, downloaded zip from your github, upload it to my odroid and then installation from estuary menus. Now i'm trying to find the easiest way to upload edited guisettings.xml to my odroid (i use windows machine and kodi is installed with libreelec)
Ssh in and edit it manually with nano.

i don't know what i'm doing wrong but i ssh odroid, i use nano to edit guisettings.xml, it looks saved but after the reboot kodi uses again broken horizon skin and of course when i check guisettings.xml skin code has returned to horizon.

edit: finally i managed to return to estuary, thank you very much nickr for your tips
Really loving this skin.
Subtitles download is nice & easy to use, colors are great, vertical is always the way to go, lots of small things that are done "right".
Personally I would like to see manfeed´s lyrics addon as a default.

Strange that I am not able to update, the 1st version was ok today from the git, now after another download from git i cant update the skin, results in an error.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-07-04, 15:55)Raitsa Wrote: Really loving this skin.
Subtitles download is nice & easy to use, colors are great, vertical is always the way to go, lots of small things that are done "right".
Personally I would like to see manfeed´s lyrics addon as a default.

Strange that I am not able to update, the 1st version was ok today from the git, now after another download from git i cant update the skin, results in an error.

If you are installing from zip make sure you give the zip file a unique name every time. Github zips are automatically generated by github so I can't do this so you have to manually rename the zip. I usually just stick the date on the end (and add a letter if I've already installed that day)
e.g. skin.horizon-20170704b.zip
I downloaded again skinshortcut script in case I fix the issue but still no improvement. Horizon still can't create the home menus and Now arctic faces the same issue although used to work ok
(2017-07-04, 16:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: If you are installing from zip make sure you give the zip file a unique name every time. Github zips are automatically generated by github so I can't do this so you have to manually rename the zip. I usually just stick the date on the end (and add a letter if I've already installed that day)

This is something I did not know, thanks a lot jurialmunkey.
Updated ok now.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-07-04, 16:01)chrispe Wrote: I downloaded again skinshortcut script in case I fix the issue but still no improvement. Horizon still can't create the home menus and Now arctic faces the same issue although used to work ok
Weird, I'm not doing anything particularly different from in any other skin. Sounds like something went wrong with skin shortcuts -- you can try deleting its cache and stored settings
-- Delete everything in the following folder:
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/

Other thing you can try is if you have a button mapped to settings: Open settings, go to skin settings > backup/restore and reset skin settings to defaults.
(2017-07-04, 16:25)Raitsa Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 16:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: If you are installing from zip make sure you give the zip file a unique name every time. Github zips are automatically generated by github so I can't do this so you have to manually rename the zip. I usually just stick the date on the end (and add a letter if I've already installed that day)

This is something I did not know, thanks a lot jurialmunkey.
Updated ok now.

No problem. Kodi stores zip files in a packages cache. So if you reinstall from a zip with the same name it thinks it is the old version and just uses the one stored in the packages folder. (It would be better if it also checked against md5 sum to make sure it is actually the same file, but it doesn't so you have to make sure to rename).
Thanks @jurialmunkey I've put this skin into use and it looks great. As I like to live dangerously I've installed in on the Milhouse nightly v18 release and apart from changing the required xbmc.gui version all seems to work nicely.
In customise home menu, for each home menu main item there is a column of Widgets that can be set but I don't see what that does as I set multiple and just the top one shows, is there something to that?
@colbert

Restart kodi I have multiple widgets it works
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Krypton13