v17 after fixing artist MBID, the wrong artist still shows in Kodi
Originally, I had made a mistake when tagging a song by "Total feat. The Notorious B.I.G." - the artist MBIDs were not in the same order as the names in the "artists" tag. So when the song was scanned into Kodi, it added a second artist for The Notorious B.I.G., but scraped the info for Total due to the MBID. See pic below:

I have since gone back and fixed the tags for that song. However, I still have two entries for The Notorious B.I.G. and no entry for Total. I've tried cleaning and updating the library and it doesn't seem to change anything.

How do I force Kodi to "forget" the status of the song from when it was originally scanned? Seems like whatever I do, Kodi refuses to change its mind about that file.
Song it will "forget", but the artist table is populated cumulatively from many music files so artist mbids in the db don't vanish just because you change the music file.

Also once additional artist have been scraped, using mbid to identify (in this case wrongly) the artist, it does not get rescraped.

I am having deja-vu, didn't we discuss this recently?

Going off to check.....

EDIT: ok was on a thread with another user if name beginning with "B". Have a read from here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2602125 where Scott and I exchange views on this issue.
Interesting, thank you. So based on the following:
(2017-06-12, 18:48)scott967 Wrote: Otherwise, only way to update an mbid is to remove all files tagged with the artist/album, do a clean, then re-add the files back into the library.
...I suppose I should remove all albums that the The Notorious B.I.G. appears on (a handful of multi-artist compilations in my case), clean/update library, then re-add those albums?

btw, I assume that I remove an album from the library by simply removing the files from the actual library folder in Windows, then cleaning the Library in Kodi. There's not some other, more direct method I should be using for Library deletions, right?
Yes.

And thank you for reading the other thread, comprehending and saving me repeating myself Smile

Alternatively you could drop the music source entirely, clean, rescan etc. but then you loose all the information you have already scraped etc. and hammer the server re-scraping it.

I know this is a fiddle, but, as you read, I can't think of an easy solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
after fixing artist MBID, the wrong artist still shows in Kodi0