not all channels load on startup
Hi there,

i have a strange effect with Kodi 17.3 and DvbViewer.
I let Kodi start and it syncs with the RS.
But some channels are missing.
When i open DVBViewer the channels are all there, but not loaded in Kodi.
Now lets close Kodi and start it again: some missing channels are there,
but some not.

I have a kodi log, but the missing channels (like WDR HD) are not even mentioned in the log.
Also the Kodi log is 5.8 Mb big, which is a little bit much for pastebin.
But i add a Log with all the EPG Data removed:
Kodi log without EPG Data
(2017-06-29, 20:57)theplayer02 Wrote: Hi there,

i have a strange effect with Kodi 17.3 and DvbViewer.
I let Kodi start and it syncs with the RS.
But some channels are missing.
When i open DVBViewer the channels are all there, but not loaded in Kodi.
Now lets close Kodi and start it again: some missing channels are there,
but some not.
Check out "I've added some new channels but they don't appear in Kodi" and the 3 follow ups from the "FAQ" (221531 (thread)).
One more thing: You might also want to try a nightly. The channel logic has been reworked and a warning is now displayed for favourites without a matching channel.
Because there was no "easy" way for me to spot the possible channels with changed ids i removed all from the favorites and added them again. restartet RS and remapped them again in XEPG. All this combined did the trick. Strange that no error was somewhere visible.
@Manül: What did you mean with "try a nightly"? A nightly of your PVR Addon direct from GIT?
(2017-07-01, 12:18)theplayer02 Wrote: Because there was no "easy" way for me to spot the possible channels with changed ids i removed all from the favorites and added them again. restartet RS and remapped them again in XEPG. All this combined did the trick. Strange that no error was somewhere visible.
Yeah, favourites without a matching channel simply get ignored. As said that changed recently.

(2017-07-01, 12:18)theplayer02 Wrote: @Manül: What did you mean with "try a nightly"? A nightly of your PVR Addon direct from GIT?
Kodi nightly/Kodi Leia. I don't do any nightlies myself.
Now it happend again.
Funny part is: In the Online "Channel EPG" all Channels have EPG entries, but still some channels are missing in Kodi.
i have three installations of Kodi and on every installation different channels are missing. But they have all one in common:
They are all HD channels. Also more strange: On the same machine start Kodi, wait some minutes, check for missing channels and close Kodi,
now open Kodi again: The number of missing chanels changes. So i am not really shure if this is handeld in one of the FAQ entries.
Because if one of the favorites is not mapped correctly, i would expect to have the same channel missing on every machine and not different channels on different machines.

I will remove all favorites again and map them again in xepg. Hopefully this fixes it for once and all. It is not funny to redo that every few days.
Channel IDs can change without you knowing. Happens if one of the parameters from which the value is calculated changes. DMS automatically updates your global channel list but your favourites will be untouched thus containing an old channel ID. The DMS webinterface/dvbviewer can still match the channel but the PVR will silently skip it.

Kodi nightly/Leia should fix this as well. You shouldn't bother with Krypton any more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not all channels load on startup0