Add Additional Actors Using NFOs
Is it possible to add more actors to what is scrapped from TheMovieDB? I used the following:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Movie>
    <actor>
        <name>Gipper</name>
        <role>TestActor</role>
        <order>0</order>
        <thumb>smb://KODI-PC/K/Movies/Gipper.jpg</thumb>
    </actor>
</Movie>
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/389

...and I only ended up with Gipper. I really would like to do this using NFO's and not manual entry.

Any help appreciated.

MC
Yes, it is possible. But my understanding is that the nfo overwrites the existing entry so I don't think you can use an nfo to append additional information. Have to be honest, I have never thought about that possibility.

Your easiest solution would be to use one of the many nfo programs available. This is one I use... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142723

You can scrape the movie, just as Kodi does, then manually add additional actors. Save the nfo file and refresh the movie from within Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the response but doing it your way 3,000 times does not seem like a lot of fun.

I'm thinking of bastardizing the 1st and last dozen Actors to input my Similar Movies. So when the user opens an information view on a movie the 1st slot in the actor horizontal scrolling list will contain an icon that drops down all similar movies.

It works really nice, though I haven't figured out how to do it on a batch basis where I don't wipe out the actual Actors.

Hence my preference for an .NFO approach.

MC

Now if there were a way to add a Movie-SimilarMovie linkage table outside of KodiHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add Additional Actors Using NFOs0