v16 Kodi won't play movies from my USB stick
I have a Kodi box version 5.1 and I've been downloading to my USB stick a few movies.
Every time I connect the USB stick to my Kodi box, all of my movies are gone. It finds my USB stick, but when I click to open the movie folder, there's nothing there.
Then, when I connect the USB to my PC, they're still gone. It's as if the Kodi box is deleting my movies.
I've also tried with a few other sticks I own and it does this every time.
What can I do so it will stop deleting my movies as I plug my USB to the Kodi box?
Thanks in advance!
Kodi does not delete movies.

You say that when you connect to your PC they are still gone. I don't know if you mean Kodi on PC or Windows Explorer. Can you see them in Windows Explorer?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Right when I connect it to my PC after I've connected it to my Kodi I can't see them. Whenever I plug my USB to my Kodi box they seem to be deleted somehow.
Kodi is currently at version 17. If you Kodi box is telling you it's 5.1, then either you're using a *really* old version or you bought a physical box from a company that very likely modified Kodi in some way. You might try contacting whoever you bought the box from.
So you're saying the problem can be solved if I upgrade my Kodi box to version 17??
5.1 sounds like an android version (lollipop).
There's no kodi version 5.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't play movies from my USB stick0