Nintendo & BREIN Target Seller of ‘Pirate’ Retro Gaming System
(2017-07-04, 15:23)natethomas Wrote: Translation: I haven't read any of the above conversation and just wanted to add my two cents.

I think this conversation has about reached its conclusion. If anyone else has anything to say that has actually read through this conversation, please do so soon, as I think we can close this fairly soon.

Translation: I didn't pay attention during the devcon talk about bad attitudes by Lrusak.

Do you see what a rude and unhelpful reply this 'translation:' nonsense is? If you want to refute my points then do so. If you want to ignore them, also do so. But posting smart-ass shit like the above is exactly what Lrusak was talking about.
(2017-07-04, 15:56)voochi Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 15:23)natethomas Wrote: Translation: I haven't read any of the above conversation and just wanted to add my two cents.

I think this conversation has about reached its conclusion. If anyone else has anything to say that has actually read through this conversation, please do so soon, as I think we can close this fairly soon.

Translation: I didn't pay attention during the devcon talk about bad attitudes by Lrusak.

Do you see what a rude and unhelpful reply this 'translation:' nonsense is? If you want to refute my points then do so. If you want to ignore them, also do so. But posting smart-ass shit like the above is exactly what Lrusak was talking about.

Next time read and maybe you wouldn't get an answer like that. What he said was't rude, it was actually spot on. There is NOTHING to refute your points as they have already been refuted before you posted.
(2017-07-04, 17:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Next time read and maybe you wouldn't get an answer like that. What he said was't rude, it was actually spot on. There is NOTHING to refute your points as they have already been refuted before you posted.

The arguments you are making are the same arguments that streaming pirates make. I don't care what you do or how many thousands of roms you illegally download.

My point is that this is a tremendously inconsistent application of the anti-piracy policy. Team Kodi have lost any moral high ground they had with regards to piracy discussions. Team Kodi cannot complain about streaming add-ons ruining their 'good reputation' while the forums discuss and facilitate software piracy on a massive scale.
If you don't like it here you can always bugger off
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What you lot are clearly not seeing is potentially eBay listings such as:

Retro gaming console for sale with 1000s of FREE classic games

Currently Available Platforms (over 10k games and counting):
Amiga: 697 Games
Amiga CD32: 259 Games
Apple IIGS: 168 Games (468 Games Unfiltered)
Arcade (MAME): 4700+ Games (33,000 Games/Machines Unfiltered)
Arcade (Final Burn Alpha): 1415 Games
Atari 800: 225 Games
Atari 2600: 710 Games (1523 Games Unfiltered)
Atari 5200: 93 Games
Atari 7800: 24 Games
Atari Jaguar: 58 Games
Colecovision: 155 Games (207 Games Unfiltered)
Commodore 64: 143 Games (447 Games Unfiltered)
Game Boy Advance: 1901 Games (2923 Games Unfiltered)
Game Boy Classic: 1280 Games (1600 Games Unfiltered)
Game Boy Color: 963 Games (1416 Games Unfiltered)
Intellivision: 127 Games
Magnavox Odyssey 2: 131 Games
MS DOS Games (DOSBox): 2594 Games
MSX: 1007 Games
Neo Geo Pocket Color: 74 Games (119 Games Unfiltered)
Neo-Geo CD: 99 Games
Nintendo 64: 482 Games (937 Games Unfiltered)
Nintendo Entertainment System: 1903 Games (2677 Games Unfiltered)
Playstation (PS1 / PSX): 1598 Games
ScummVM (PC): 150 Games (275 Games Unfiltered)
Sega 32X: 34 Games
Sega CD: 170 Games
Sega Dreamcast: 105 Games (497 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Game Gear: 408 Games (497 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Genesis: 1034 Games (1697 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Master System: 391 Games (544 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Saturn: 206 Games (1357 Games Unfiltered)
Sega SG-1000: 95 Games (202 Games Unfiltered)
Sharp x68000: 375 Games (1720 Games Unfiltered)
Super Nintendo: 1846 Games (3368 Games Unfiltered)
TurboGrafx 16: 345 Games (419 Games Unfiltered)
Vecrtrex: 36 Games
Wonderswan: 112 Games
Wonderswan Color: 95 Games
ZX Spectrum: 1860 Games (21700 Games Unfiltered)

Team Kodi, what do you plan on doing when copious amounts of these kind of listings start getting busted on eBay? Sure the police will target the sellers, but do you think they will turn a blind eye on Kodi? You know, Kodi the team who supports this kind of activity on their official forum?

When busted, telling the police to speak to archive.org is laughable - It's like the seller of pirate consoles telling the police to speak to archive.org (since they got the roms from archive.org) LOL

I guess only time will tell.

It's like a vicious circle of piracy all this isn't it. First piracy video addons, next piracy video game addons.

Nate, how do you plan to combat "new" video game addons which pull roms from different (clearly illegal) sites? But obviously the exact same rom files from archive.org? Will those be banned and not spoke about? but IARL will remain spoke about?

Btw, I've just been trying to open your eyes, that's all.

Oh and close the thread Nate? I'm sure there's alot more to be said regarding this ticking time bomb?
(2017-07-04, 18:25)Martijn Wrote: If you don't like it here you can always bugger off

I don't understand your hostility.

This is not a discussion about "liking it here". I like it here just fine with the exception of rude posters like you.

This is a serious discussion about Kodi's stance regarding software piracy. You are burying your head in the sand if you think this is not an important issue moving forward. As Kodi gets more and more gaming functionality, this will become just as hot a topic as streaming piracy. You're going to look like a fool when this issue blows up in the future and you realize your contributions were "stop trolling" and "bugger off".
(2017-07-04, 18:31)voochi Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 18:25)Martijn Wrote: If you don't like it here you can always bugger off

I don't understand your hostility.

This is not a discussion about "liking it here". I like it here just fine with the exception of rude posters like you.

This is a serious discussion about Kodi's stance regarding software piracy. You are burying your head in the sand if you think this is not an important issue moving forward. As Kodi gets more and more gaming functionality, this will become just as hot a topic as streaming piracy. You're going to look like a fool when this issue blows up in the future and you realize your contributions were "stop trolling" and "bugger off".

Yup, couldn't agree more.

Wonder what will next be allowed (or even born on the forum) then banned as soon as it's exploded into money from sellers and what not exploiting Kodi.
Here's another one for you Nate/ Team Kodi. If users started uploading the latest blockbuster movies and tv shows to archive.org (and they didn't get reported/removed from archive.org), then someone made a Kodi video addon to feed this material out to the masses of Kodi users, would this be acceptable on your forum? Please answer this.......

Do you get my point? Or is it still a super freaky deaky grey area, since archive.org is involded

Copyright material is copyright material at the end of the day. If you don't own it, your not legally allowed to have access to said material unless paid for.
I will merely repeat what natethomas said, although put my own spin on it.

Any more abuse from anyone, and the thread will be closed as something we won't tolerate here.

Any more comments that go back over old ground, and the thread will be closed as counter-productive.

If there is a constructive conversation to be had, then have it. Otherwise, let's all just walk away now, please.

EDIT

And, by "abuse", I'll include sarcastic or snide comments aimed at another forum member. Please keep it civil - this isn't a pub brawl.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
I'm trying to open your eyes, not abuse anyone, not be counter-productive. My goal is to save Kodi by making you aware of issues with your current stance against piracy.
@Big Aero - even without the Rom-Collection Browser add-on those boxes can be sold. It's not like those roms take up much space, so they could also come pre-loaded with thousands of games on a 32GB sdcard. They could even do right away, even without Kodi (RetroPi, ...).

And yes, it's in both cases streaming, but piracy add-ons use dogy sources while archive.org is nothing like that IMO. And again yes, archive.org might contain illegal stuff, but also ROMs where the copyright already expired (IIRC it expires after 40 years or so). So it's more of a grey area and a source for both, ledigt and potentially illegal stuff, just like youtube, bittorrent or any other user driven system etc

edit: as for your question regarding uploaded movies to archive.org. Counter question - should we remove the Youtube add-on, because on youtube there are 100% guaranteed illegal movie uploads. But is this the main purpose of Youtube? No. Should we punish all the legit youtube users because of a couple black sheep? No. I think same goes for archive.org. But that's just my personal opinion.
(2017-07-04, 18:56)Big Aero Wrote: I'm trying to open your eyes, not abuse anyone, not be counter-productive. My goal is to save Kodi by making you aware of issues with your current stance against piracy.
So you're saying we're stupid and we having no clue what we are doing? That's it right because everything you are saying here makes that bluntly obvious that you think we just incapable of understanding how this works?

Now you made your point or whatever and end it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@da-anda, are you saying the above "eBay listing" I posted above would be perfectly fine in the eyes of the law? Btw, what I meant on the listing above was the console wouldn't have games installed, It would simply have Kodi and Internet Archive Rom launcher installed - Nothing else.

Super Mario came out in 1985, that's approximately 32 years ago, so will still be copyright protected. @Prof Yaffle that < comment wasn't a sacastic or snide btw, it's a fact.
Okay, @Martijn
Da-anda, to answer your question regarding youtube. No you should not remove youtube. Since YouTube main purpose is NOT to stream pirate material. But if some clever clogs somehow made a addon which actively searched youtube and only youtube for the latest movies, then made a addon which only presented those links (from youtube), then you would remove it said addon, but not youtube ofc?

Or would it be fine to fetch all the piracy movies hosted on youtube ONLY and bundle them into a video addon?

Again, I'm not being a smart ass or rude or abusive toward you Kodi members, I just want to get to the bottom of this. There is alot of ways to look at this, clearly.

Do you get what I'm talking about yet da-anda? Youtube = OK, Archive.org = OK? Youtube pirate movie player addon? = No chance. Internet archive rom launcher addon? = Huh?? Grey still?

Youtube.com legit website which may host dodgy content. Archive.org = apparent legit website, which also may host dodgy content. Youtube pirate movie player addon, which accesses nothing else but pirate movies. Internet archive rom launcher, which accesses nothing else but pirate video games.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nintendo & BREIN Target Seller of ‘Pirate’ Retro Gaming System0