TV show scraping issues
I'm not sure when it started but for the past while I've been having issues with Kodi not scraping TV shows properly. Every new TV show, regardless of title, is scraped as NCIS: Los Angeles. For example, the latest episode of Gotham, s03e22 would be scraped as NCIS: Los Angeles, s03e22 with NCIS episode metadata. It does scrape properly if I do a manual refresh of individual episodes and select the correct TV show but trying to update an entire folder generally causes Kodi to hang. I've been using the proper naming convention for years and and haven't changed anything on my server so it looks like a local kodi library issue. I've tried removing and reinstalling Kodi as that has helped with issues in the past but it didn't help here - i kept the existing library database when i did so. I have a very large library and would really rather not have to delete the library and re-scrape everything since it would take days to do so. Ideas welcome.

I'm using Kodi 17.1 on Ubuntu 17.04. The problem started when I had Ubuntu 16.04.whatever (the latest LTS) so i don't think it's Ubuntu related.
Can you detail your folder structure. Be specific.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sure. As examples,

/home/htpc/RAID_video1/TV/Bones (2005)/Season 09/Bones.S09E16.HD.mkv
/home/htpc/RAID_video2/TV/Arrow/Season 05/Arrow.S05E03.720p.mkv

RAID_video1 & 2 are NFS shares of 12 and 16 TB RAID arrays on my server, and while both of these arrays have grown over time the setup and my file naming convention has been the same for years. Some TV shows have their starting year as part of the folder structure (like Bones above) but most don't. Leaving it out doesn't seem to affect manual episode scanning - Kodi doesn't have a problem figuring out what show it is. If i have extra fan art it's in the extrafanart folder within the main show folder. The point is that my server structure hasn't changed, nor has how I have mapped my HTPC NFS mounts. If I were to add a new episode to either of these series Kodi would scrape it as the same season and episode of NCIS: Los Angeles even though I've had both shows for several years. I'm almost tempted to remove that one show from my library in an attempt to fix a broken string and may still do so as a last resort. I don't recall when I upgraded to Kodi 17.1 but maybe that's when my problem started. Ideas welcomed.
Hmmm, I can't see anything wrong there. All nicely named and ordered. (you'd be amazed at some of the crazy directory structures people have). Can I assume that "TV" is the source in Kodi? If it isn't that may be the problem.

1. Can you check you have the following versions of the scrapers. Some are located in Settings>System Settings>Add-ons>Manage Dependencies, others are in the normal Add-on area
TMDB 3.9.5
TMDB tvshows 1.3.6
TMDB common library 2.16.0

TVDB 1.8.5

2. Provide a debug log where you have done a scan to scrape one of these problem shows.

As a side note, with regards to the year in the show title, you only ever insert the Year into the title if that is the way TVDB has it displayed. As an example...
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=71173&lid=7 has no year so you would not insert the year into the title
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73545&lid=7 has the year, so you will insert the year into the title.

Thanks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, after an odd crash of my HTPC yesterday I did some digging and it looks like the system did a partial package upgrade that failed some time ago. There were a lot of packages affected so my guess is that this wasn't a Kodi problem so much as an issue with one of the underlying system services it relies on being borked. After fixing the installation, upgrading to Kodi 17.3 and trying again it looks like my database is hosed. So, I've backed up my userdata folder for posterity and built a new one from scratch. All seems to be good again although it's going to take awhile to re-scrape my music collection.

As an unrelated question, do you know if there's a way to get Kodi to automatically retry connecting to a scraper when a connection times out? As I'm downloading metadata for stuff I get the occasional message that Kodi can't connect to the server and it asks if I want to keep on scanning. I say yes and it skips the show or album that it was trying to scrape, then I have to manually scrape whatever it skipped (if I know). It would be nice if it just waited a few seconds then tried again, because it almost always connects again when I say Yes but I'm not there to do so at 3:00 am. Is there a setting buried in the config files that you're aware of that will force this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show scraping issues0