DVD Netflix Scraper
DVDNetflixScraper
https://github.com/patrick-klein/DVDNetflixScraper

I created a new scraper in Python that searches for movies and TV shows on dvd.netflix.com. This tool saved me many, many hours when updating my library to use the more diverse genres that Netflix has.

Here's how easy it is to update a movie from the Python Interpreter:

Code:
>>> from update_nfo_file import update_movie_nfo
>>> update_movie_nfo('Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)')

Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness) guides intrepid Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) on a valiant bid to save the captured Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) from Darth Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones). With his trusty droids and smuggler Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Skywalker must also destroy the Galactic Empire's all-powerful weapon: the Death Star. George Lucas cemented his status as a pop-culture legend with this classic battle between good and evil.

['Sci-Fi & Fantasy', 'Sci-Fi Adventure', 'Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy', 'Classic Sci-Fi & Fantasy', 'Blockbusters']
['Imaginative']

8.7 -> 9.2

Save?(y/n) y
/Volumes/Media/Movies/Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)/Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope.nfo updated.

You can do the same thing with TV shows. This is an example that shows off its resilience when it doesn't find a close match, and how to selectively pull data.

Code:
>>> from update_nfo_file import update_tvshow_nfo
>>> update_tvshow_nfo('Comedy Central Presents')
TV show year: 1998
No matches found.  Did you mean...
0 The Best of Comedy Central Presents 2007
1 Comedy Central Presents: Southern Gents of Comedy 2005
2 The Best of Comedy Central Presents 2 1999
3 Central Intelligence 2016
4 Clear and Present Danger 1994
5 Roast of Pamela Anderson: Uncensored 2005
6 Shaquille O'Neal Presents: All Star Comedy Jam: Live From Atlanta 2013
7 Central Station 1998
8 The King of Comedy 1983
9 Roast of William Shatner: Uncensored 2006
10 None of these
Select one: 0

The Best of Comedy Central Presents

Comedy Central offers up a sidesplitting compilation of stand-up from eight of the hottest comics around: Lewis Black, Dane Cook, Jeff Dunham, Jim Gaffigan, Mitch Hedberg, Demetri Martin, Carlos Mencia and Brian Regan. With a variety of styles and subject matter, these funnymen are sure to keep you laughing. Bonus features include sketches from "The Colbert Report," "The Sarah Silverman Program," "South Park" and more.

['TV Shows', 'Stand-Up', 'TV Comedies', 'Comedy Central']
None

8.6 -> 8.0

Save?(y/n/c) c
Synopsis?       n
Genre/moods?    y
Rating?         y
/Volumes/Media/TV/Comedy Central Presents/tvshow.nfo updated.

I did my best to document everything, so check out my github to see more. Keep in mind that Netflix doesn't like robots, so try not to abuse this tool.
hey
this looks really interesting, but...
- as you say, Netflix doesn't like bots, so scraping ones whole database at once is no good idea/won't work...?
- will this work outside of the U.S?

best regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Netflix Scraper0