Odroid C2 / Latest LibreELEC Build
Hi there,

Having a strange issue whereby updating the library has started producing this error:

"unable to connect to remote server"

I am using the latest LibreELEC build for my Odroid C2 (8.0.2?). I have done nothing or changed nothing, just started happening about a day or two ago. Strange thing is, it's also happening to a good buddy of mine. Same setup (100%, I put it together for him).

Any ideas? Cheers.
"unable to connect to remote server"

These days, this message is very popular amongst the users of certain banned and illegal Kodi add-ons.
So either provide a debugged enabled kodi.log file if you are sure this is not the case, or don't bother responding.
Lol! Just a vanilla install on a C2. Upgraded ages ago from a community build, but no issues until a few days ago. Will grab a log in the morning. Cheers.
@Klojum - here we go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcfl5e50o4xwdw...I.log?dl=0

I just did a hard reset of kodi, and tried to add my library from scratch. Still the same. No idea what has changed or happened!
Also looks like this guy had the same issue (updating of library): https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/8650-u...#post51023

I did indeed do an update a short while ago to 8.0.2. Would rather not do a fresh install because I have to pull the eMMC out, but eh whatever Sad
Could you please check

1. if your machine is online

as I´m seeing "22:03:42.701 T:546467475680 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)" which could mean your machine isn´t connected to the internet probably.

and 2.: which version the scraper has as I´m also seeing:

"12:30:20.228 T:546467475680 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 401 for http://api.tmdb.org......"

The APIs have changed and there is an update for the scrapers.

401 means unauthorized access. Could be caused by the old API keys and could be solved by updating the scrapers
@DaVu

Thanks - exactly what I picked up on. I was able to SSH in and just do a general ping of google.com - no problem.

Also tried updating the scrapers, no updates installed.

However, I was able to scrape TV episodes. No issue. But movies - instant failure and the message of not being able to retrieve information/connect to remote sever.

Completely bamboozled.
what versions of the following do you have:

metadata.common.themoviedb.org
metadata.themoviedb.org
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr How do I check that?
Addons|My Addons|Information Providers|Movie Information for metadata.themoviedb.org

Settings|System|AddonsManage Dependencies for the other.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For the TMD scraper, 3.9.2 on one box, 3.9.3 on another. Both seem outdated as my NUC is 3.9.5. NUC is working fine.

For the TVDB scraper, both C2s are on 1.8.4 (working fine), and NUC Is 1.8.5 - fine again. Can't upgrade the C2 ones though.

Not sure why the C2s have fallen behind?
FWIW my c2 updated well before my x86 machines, all running libreelec 8.something.
@nickr Interesting. Is there a way to manually update these scrapers? Already tried hitting update 10x times. I really don't want to have to rip out the eMMC for a full re-image, as the cases these C2s have are a nightmare to take apart Big Grin
You can get the zips directly from, eg, http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/me...viedb.org/ and install from zip.
@nickr thanks - dropped them in the update folder and boom, problem solved!

Cheers! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odroid C2 / Latest LibreELEC Build0