How to disable IR when TV is switched on?
I've connected external IR to my Kodi box via LIRC. But it used the same remote as TV. In result:
(1) when TV source is Kodi, it works well (TV doesn't react on remote buttons I use with Kodi);
(2) when I watch TV, Kodi reacts on remote buttons I press.
Is there any way to avoid (2) to happen?
Probably, I could enable/disable remote to work with Kodi by pressing some dedicated button on the remote?

I can disable LIRC with the following
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <select>LIRC.Stop</select>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>
But if I do so, I can not enable it with LIRC.Start. I think I could disable LIRC on Kodi boot also, but how to enable it then?
Probably I could play with different profiles (LoadProfile), but the setup looks too complex.
Or, I should start Kodi with some special/empty screen or with the Dialog, where all remote buttons don't work except one?
No solution exists?
There are several solutions but none are in your line of thinking:
- use a remote from another (obsolete) device, thus removing the conflicts.
- Buy a Logitech Harmony, so you can use a single remote to emulate different devices

If you must stick to your current remote; can you use LIRC to copy / rename files? If so, you could make two keymaps for Kodi, one regular and one where you unassign all keys (except one, that is assigned to the action "reload keymaps".
You can switch between the two by moving / renaming the keymaps and then tell Kodi to reload the keymaps.
It's not pretty but it might work.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable IR when TV is switched on?0