How to install Kodi 16.1 on my Shield
Went to Google Play Store and the only option is 17.3
Need a video of 16.1 so i can install it directly onto the shield
not my computer.Thanks
BTW: I do know this is a Dumb Question.
***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/

Most people just install SPMC 16.x.x (Kodi Jarvis) from the ATV Playstore. SPMC does not mess with existing Kodi v17 installs.

The link you posted does not work on my MacBook
Is there a way to install it on my smart TV.
SPMC is installed from the Playstore.

Kodi 16.x installed after being saved to a USB stick and using the Xplore File manager App - which is also found on the ATV Playstore

What a PITA There must be an easer way.
Can't find 16.1 anywhere.The play store on my shield only has 17.3
I tried this https://androidtvbox-kodi.ie/install-kodi-v-16-1/ But it did not work.
Google Kodi and not very many options.The 2 i tried also did not work.
Running out of options.Thanks
Not sure why you posted in the Mac OS X forum when you are running Android, but older versions can be found here.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Thread moved to Android and merged to existing thread
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-07-02, 22:41)MetalChris Wrote: Not sure why you posted in the Mac OS X forum when you are running Android, but older versions can be found here.

I tried this and got this message.[No application to open this file]
(2017-07-02, 20:37)420benz Wrote: The link you posted does not work on my MacBook
Is there a way to install it on my smart TV.

You must be using the dumbest Webbrowser know to man then !
Both links work on my iMac.

I have already given you the easiest instructions.
Seriously use SPMC (Jarvis), installed directly from the Playstore if you find a USB stick all too challenging.

I have not even told you yet if you install Kodi 16.x and do not turn off the Playstore Auto update feature, Kodi 16.x will auto update again to Kodi 17.3. Wink

Got it thanks.BTW: I use Safari
Haha, Safari, so he does use the dumbest Web browser known to man....
Powerhouse: So Please tell me what Browser should i use.I used Fire Fox,Safari and Chrome.
I use Chrome mainly or Safari on my iMac.
Must be some weird configuration you have going on if you click the links I posted above and then do not work.

If you click them, with Chrome a new Tab should just Popup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install Kodi 16.1 on my Shield0