PVR.WMC download?
I hosed my Kodi configuration. My fault. Previously using PVR WMC 0.6.12. Attempted to download the new PVR WMC 0.6.13, deleting the previous install first.

The hyperlinks to the PVR WMC download on Google Drive are resulting in a 404 error.

Is PVR WMC dead, Google Drive issue, or a temporary challenge that will be remedied soon?

Your input is appreciated. Thank you.
What operating system are you on please?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My apologies. Running on Kodi 15 on Android KitKat 4.4.2.
Fyi, the url for serverwmc is now www.serverwmc.com. However it does not have pvr.wmc available for download, since it is now bundled with kodi.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I have server installed. I have even upgraded to the latest edition yesterday.

But for whatever reason, PVR.WMC is not in my Kodi distribution. Attempts to search for PVR.WMC as an add-on are successful finding the add-on; however, the file does not download. The install just hangs there "downloading".
Where did you get Kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
When kodi is installed, you need to select pvr options, otherwise they aren't available.

Run the installer again and select the pvr option.

Once install is complete, pvr.wmc should be available in your Addons and you will just need to enable and configure the addon.
Thanks all. I have tried all of the above mentioned suggestions. The attempted install is on a Minix box. I need to rely on a Kodi 16 as the Minix relies on KitKat and will not support a newer Kodi version. It really is a great, generally dependable little box. I have attempted a reinstall of Kodi 16 downloaded from Kodi.org which also failed.

To make this challenge even more confusing, I see a pvr.wmc directory that includes files in: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addons

I was just looking for a hyperlink to where the software had been available previously. Looking to once again upload the file as a .zip as I had done initially.

I usually try to keep copies of all critical files. Oops on my part. Imagine my disappointment when Google Drive displayed the 404 error.

Perhaps all good things must come to an end. Off to find another PVR solution that will work with my setup.

Thank you anyway.
WHERE DID YOU GET KODI FROM?

Sorry to shout, but it is a simple question, which you haven't answered.
It is a Minix box. The Minix came with XBMC factory installed.

Kodi 15 was installed from Kodi.tv (downloaded) when it was a new release.

Pvr was enabled; however, Pvr.wmc needed to be added as a .zip addon for that install. It was not present in the Kodi install.

Kodi 15 was updated to Kodi 16, also from Kodi.tv (downloaded). No changes to PVR.WMC on Kodi 16.

The Minix running KitKat will not accept Kodi 17.

Kodi 16.1 downloaded 07/03/2016 also from the repositories at Kodi.tv. This will not install on the Minix Android box. Errors out. ".APK cannot be installed message". Security is set to allow .APK from sources outside of the Google Play Store. It will download the .APK but not install.

I'm not a fly by night guy. I go with the legitimate sources. Kodi.tv was the only location for the downloads. Now, the old version of the software will not install over the current install, nor is the PVR.WMC visible in addons - PVR Clients
Options available in addons - PVR Clients include:
Argus TV Client
DVBLink PRV Client
DVBViewer Client
MediaPortal PVR Client
MythTV PVR Client
NextPVR PVR Client
Njoy N7 PVR Client
PCTV Systems Client
PVR Demo Client
PVR Filmon Client
PVR HDomeRun Client
PVR IPTV Simple Client
Stalker Client
Tvheadend HTSP Client
Vbox TV Gateway PVR Client
VDR VNSI Client
VU+ / Enigma2 Client
That's what I've got.

Going to Addons -> Search and entering "WMC" brings up "PVR clients - PVR WMC Client". PVR clients - PVR WMC Client, version - 0.6.13. This is a newer version than what I had been using. I Click. Downloading message. 1hour, 20 minutes later, nothing happens.

I just wanted the hyperlink. If it doesn't exist, I get it. I'll move on.

It just doesn't make sense. PVR.WMC 0.6.12 is running on 5 identical Minix boxes with the exception of this one.
Thanks, the reason I asked is that our official android downloads (from playstore or our web site) should contain all PVR Addons.

PVR addons are all binary, and binary addons (unlike python addons) have to be compiled in pretty much the same environment as the main kodi binary was compiled on.

I am intrigued that your 16.1 apk downloaded from here doesn't install.

Sometimes you have to uninstall manufacturer packages before our binaries will install (but bear in mind if you do that and then can't install any version of kodi, I disclaim all responsibility!)
Thank you, nickr.

I ended up restoring the Minix to factory install and uninstalling XBMC on your advice. The Minix then accepted Kodi 16.1.

All is well now.

Thank you for all of your advice.
Glad it worked out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR.WMC download?0