How could I fasten the scraping and getting the media info?
How could I quicken the scraping and getting the media info?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
divide your files into more datasources, and only update the ones needed?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Quote:divide your files into more datasources
So instead of having a single folder on an external drive created a second one and move half of the movies to it? Wouldn't it a bit unhandy. I would have to add many more data sources to tMM and Kodi. And I would have a separation I do not want.

Quote:and only update the ones needed
Update the data sources with new movies only? Well, that is what I do anyway. Scraping, getting media info (and of course rebuilding the cache) last very long. So those cannot be accelerated, I assume
I'm not a fan of deviding movies either.
But when having a datasource where only the proper scraped movies are moved into, this could make sense.
Usually, you only prepare & scrape a movie ONCE.

At some point we have to walk the whole directory, to find a new file...
BUT: new movie folders in datasource root are added first!
So when your new movie has been added to TMM, and you know that nothing else has changed, you could stop the update with the red cross.
Then let mediainfo & the rest of the tasks run Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
another trick might be to do not use slow external devices (like USB 2.0 drives or WiFi connection to the NAS).

I've got several hundreds of movies on my NAS (via Gigabit LAN) and update data sources takes 31 seconds:

Code:
2017-07-02 20:09:35,079 INFO  [tmmpool-main-task-T1-G2] o.t.c.m.tasks.MovieUpdateDatasourceTask2:286 - Done updating datasource :) - took 00:00:31.794

so all in all - to let tmm make its work good and right it needs to do some things and this things take a while on slow devices
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Quote:I'm not a fan of deviding movies either.
But when having a datasource where only the proper scraped movies are moved into, this could make sense.
Usually, you only prepare & scrape a movie ONCE.
Yes, somehow that does not work with me. So, e.g. I would have to rescrape all of the movies when the actor images are properly downloadable. And often I first scrape the TMDB because it seems as if there were more movies found automatically, without intervention, and after I scrape again with IMDB, abouve all to get the ratings.

Quote: BUT: new movie folders in datasource root are added first!
So the movie folders containing sub folders with single movies each. I will try the next time.

Quote:Then let mediainfo & the rest of the tasks run
It is the program MediaInfo one can download separately?

Quote: another trick might be to do not use slow external devices (like USB 2.0 drives or WiFi connection to the NAS).
The movies are stored on external USB 3.0 drives, Seagate Expansion, WD MyBook, Elements so it should not be that slow.

Quote: I've got several hundreds of movies on my NAS (via Gigabit LAN) and update data sources takes 31 seconds:
Oops, I count in hours on a Win (10) OS. Unbelevable. Didn't know at all such speeds are possible at all. That does not sound like a Windows machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How could I fasten the scraping and getting the media info?0