Getting release group id into tags?
I scanned my library in both Kodi 18 0629 nightly and the music test build, then compared MyMusic65.db to MyMusic66.db. I first scanned the whole library, then did a get info for all albums. I have local nfos for all albums so maybe I need to rerun without nfos to really test? The two databases seem identical.

I don't have any release group tags set. Is there an easy way to get the release group ids into tags or my nfos?. It should be trivial given a release id I would think.

scott s.
If by release group you mean ”groups of pirates you got your music from” then you'll get no support here. If you mean something else, please advise.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think he wants https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Release_Group in his tags Tongue for example 1b4f4b3c-ca01-37b7-af1d-3e37989f86ad
but i could be wrong, if not use https://picard.musicbrainz.org/ it adds a MUSICBRAINZ RELEASE GROUP ID tag to your files
I see, no problem with that!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr this is fine, it is a discussion related to testing a current PR
(2017-07-05, 23:42)scott967 Wrote: I scanned my library in both Kodi 18 0629 nightly and the music test build, then compared MyMusic65.db to MyMusic66.db. I first scanned the whole library, then did a get info for all albums. I have local nfos for all albums so maybe I need to rerun without nfos to really test? The two databases seem identical.

I don't have any release group tags set. Is there an easy way to get the release group ids into tags or my nfos?. It should be trivial given a release id I would think.
Thanks for trying the test build Scott, and yes, on thinking about it, your NFO files will have an impact:

To populate the Musicbrainz release group id in the db you need to either
a) scan them from music files, assuming that your music is tagged with them, by either starting with a clean library, adding a new music source, or doing a forced re-scan.

Note: to trigger a forced re-scan (so useful when testing) add <promptfulltagscan>true</promptfulltagscan> to the <musiclibrary> section of advancedsettings.xml and "scan to library" from file mode context menu will prompt asking it you want to re-scan those files that are unchanged.

b) Scrape albums online (no NFOs) and they will be fetched from Musicbrainz, for those albums that are found in the Musicbrainz database. This needs lastscraped to be null, so either needs newly added/scanned music or some manual editing of the db (I know you are familiar with that Scott). A re-scraping option is something I hope to add in v18!

c) Add the <musicbrainzreleasegroupid> tag to your album.nfo files

But I have not considered providing a way for users like yourself with existing (carefully edited) NFO files to do c). Rescanning will get it from tags, then scraping the exitsing NFOs will collect your other album data. Then exporting to replace the NFO should put the release group ids in there. But I need to test that or perhaps you can, more likely to find issues than me Smile

Thanks for bringing this up, at very least I need to add some things to the user advice.

Did you notice that scraping music with mbids and complete NFO files is quicker? Previously the scraper waited 2s when it saw the mbid even though it then just picks up the NFO file and does not fetch anything from Musicbrainz, the throttling fix solved this.
(2017-07-06, 00:51)nickr Wrote: If by release group you mean ”groups of pirates you got your music from” then you'll get no support here. If you mean something else, please advise.

Perhaps you are unaware of the development that is going on in music, and tracking it in this forum. PR#12120 attempts to improve music scraping performance by adding a new field in the music database (MyMusic66) for the Musicbrainz "release group" GUID.

As you may not be aware, currently Kodi only stores the "release" GUID (there can be various releases such as CD, digital, different countries, etc). In Musicbrainz , each of these releases that represent the same "album" is included as a member of a "release group". For purposes of scraping additional data and art of an album, the open or api key-protected sites tend to use the "release group" GUID as an index, not each release id. Thus prior to this PR, the scraper needs to first retrieve the "release group" ID resulting in unneeded hits on the MB servers, compared to what could be achieved if Kodi database stored the "release group" ID for direct use by scrapers.

Dave was kind enough to post a test build with these commits merged to try out. Since I haven't been storing the "release group" IDs in my tags, but I do have the "release" IDs, I was looking for a way to get them into the database. As it is, I think I can hack an existing musicbrainz scraping script for the MP3Tag software to retrieve the "release group" ID from a musicbrainz album query, but I think I need to run it one-at-a-time on my whole music source to avoid the 1/sec musicbrainz query throttle.

Sorry, don't know anything about "groups of pirates". Sounds like a Disney movie or something.

scott s.
It's OK scott, daveblake has already cleared that up.
Scott, so you have a combination of no release group id tags (although you do have release id tags), and NFO files for each album. Tricky Smile

And thanks for the clear explnataion to @nickr, it is nice to have a clear explanation to point at.

I think that somehow adding the tag to your music files, as you suggest, is the best way forwards. The release group ids will be picked up by online scraping (but marked as scraped values), so hiding your album NFO files, scraping online and then exporting will create new NFO files with <musicbrainzreleasegroupid> values. But not sure how you would go about merging the old and new NFO files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting release group id into tags?0