Can one plug off an external drive while tMM rebuilds the image cache?
Alright, thank you very much
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
What exactly are such nested video files?

Is the entire image cache always rebuilt completely (even if only 4 videos are added)? Or only with the images of the new movies added? And, if one stopps rebuilding the image cache will it rebuilt completely when it is rebuilt the next time?
wrongly nested:
Code:
\root\movie1\movie1.avi
\root\movie1\movie2\movie2.avi
This is only detected wrong, it there is exact ONE movie file a the folder above.
Movie1 will have movie1 AND movie2 as video file.

Code:
\root\movie1\movie1.avi
\root\movie1\movie3.avi
multiple ones no problem.
But already fixed in nightly / next version.

Image cache is rebuild only for missing ones.
But we need to check the filesystem, IF it is there (and that's the slowdown)
I've already improved this a bit for next version... should be much faster now (even with actor images Smile)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Quote:\root\movie1\movie1.avi
This is only detected wrong, it there is exact ONE movie file a the folder above.
I have many duplicate (and none duplicate) movies exactly stored that way (and additionally in the lowest folder a third duplicate):
So should I leave it like it is and wait for the next tMM update? That wil handle such movies correctly? Or how else should I organize / store duplicates? What is the best way to store / handle duplicate movies?

So this is correct, isn't it:

Quote:\root\movie1\movie1.avi
\root\movie1\movie3.avi
multiple ones no problem.
I hadn't supposed that works. So movies 3 is stored in a folder with another movie name / wrong movie name? That does really work? With Kodi also?

Is the reason why tMM does not automatically find the correct name because the movie folder is in "Doppelte Filme":

Why does tMM show the correct movie but has entered in the search different / wrong words:

An improvement, that's great, thank you!
yes, new version should correct that entries.
At least it prevents 'the other files' from beeing deleted accidentially.

The best would always be, to have only one level.
All in their own folder, on same level.
EMPTY folders (for grouping collections / dupes) are no problem... (like your jurassic park)
Personally, if i have a movie in good resolution, there is barely no need for wasting space for the lower res one...?

Quote:I hadn't supposed that works. So movies 3 is stored in a folder with another movie name / wrong movie name? That does really work? With Kodi also?
Kodi doesn't care about structure; if it finds a movie file and some nfo or images beneath, all is good.
TMM does, since we manipulate/delete files, and if there's something wrong aligned, unexpected things can happen....

Quote:Is the reason why tMM does not automatically find the correct name because the movie folder is in "Doppelte Filme":
Search results is fine, entered movie is found?

Quote:Why does tMM show the correct movie but has entered in the search different / wrong words:
You entered the english name of the movie.
Since you search for german, you get the german title from imdb.
Quote:yes, new version should correct that entries.
At least it prevents 'the other files' from beeing deleted accidentially.
Oops, sorry, accidentally deleted be tMM or the user? What files?

Quote:The best would always be, to have only one level.
All in their own folder, on same level.
Yes, but how could one do it wiht the duplicates?

Quote: EMPTY folders (for grouping collections / dupes) are no problem... (like your jurassic park)
So you mean, not empty, but containing sub folders.

Quote: Personally, if i have a movie in good resolution, there is barely no need for wasting space for the lower res one...?
Yes, that is the way I would like to handle it as well, delete the movies of lower quality. But it would need some efforts, you would have to check each single duplicate if it's the same run time, cuts (uncut, director's cut, theatrical, IMAX, etc.), color / monochrome, language and many more. Or is there an easier manner?

Quote: Search results is fine, entered movie is found?
Yes, but why does tMM not automatically download the information instead of showing that window which needs interaction?

Quote:You entered the english name of the movie.
No, no, I did not enter anything. tMM opened that window like it was.

Does tMM handle English movie titles better than German ones? So should I rather use the original movie titles?
When the image cache has completely been rebuilt before and I add a single movie to a movie folder containing 2526 sub folders with a movie each and update that data source and scrape (without actor images) that movie after it appears that tMM automatically rebuilds the entire image cache, it lasts 1, 2 hours or longer.

Quote:What has been cached, stays cached Smile

Can I stop the image caching since tMM should already have cached all of the images before or might that cause losing any images or such?
As said before, the current version has a little flaw, especially when having a structure like you have.
Do not use the renamer to move movie folders around, or deleteing them inside TMM - sub movies might be affected too, messing your files up.

Try latest nightly or wait for the release version - there has been so much fixed regarding your issues.
Alright, cannot wait for the update, many thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can one plug off an external drive while tMM rebuilds the image cache?0