Back Up My Custom SkinI
The 1996 edition of the Vans Warped Tour will begin on July 4 and play approximately 30 shows over a month's duration. The tour will feature 15 prominent best skateboard for beginners bands performing daily on two stages as well as skateboarding competitions and other activities appealing to skateboarders. Big-name skateboarder bands booked for the tour include Pennywise, NOFX, Fishbone, CIV, 311 and Rocket From the Crypt.
Starting on July 4, skateboarder culture again hits the road in the form of the Vans Warped Tour.
About 15 high-energy bands a day will perform on two stages throughout the tour. In addition, skateboarding competitions, in-line skating exhibitions and other activities aimed at fans of the skate/music lifestyle are planned.
In its debut year, the Warped Tour hit 24 major North American markets in 32 days, selling a total of 80,000 tickets. This summer, organizers have more than 30 shows on the itinerary and expect to sell at least 200,000 tickets.
"Last year we went out on the road kind of silently and no one really knew what we were doing," said tour organizer Kevin Lyman. "We were just out there plugging away."
With more time to organize, Lyman lined up stronger talent and some sponsorship deals that he thinks will crank this year's tour up a notch.
NOFX, Pennywise, Fishbone, CIV, Rocket From the Crypt and 311 - bands chosen because of their appeal to aficionados of skateboarding, snowboarding and similar sports - will appear on all dates.
Skateboarders Steve Caballero, Steve Alba, Neal Hendrix and Mike Frazier and in-line skaters Angie Walton, Tom Fry, Rene Hulgreen and Arlo Eisenberg will travel with the tour and perform exhibitions.
Tickets will go for $15 in most markets, and 25 cents from each ticket will be donated to Camp Pacific Heartland, a nonprofit organization for children affected by HIV and AIDS.
Title sponsor Vans will host 20 amateur skateboard competitions in 32 select cities in conjunction with the tour.
Other sponsors include E.A. Sports, Caution Snowboards, Transworld Publications, Epitaph Records, UNI Distribution, Harbinger Protective Gear, Billabong, Split Clothing, Sony Auto Sound, Liquid Force Wakeboards, SPIN and BAM magazines and Electronic Arts.
Lyman said many cross-promotions will result from the sponsorships. For instance, people who buy a pair of Vans shoes this summer will get a Warped Tour CD made by UNT Distribution.
"They're promoting the tour and they're helping to sell Vans shoes and they're helping to break new music, so it's a cool triangle," Lyman said.
Thanks to trade-outs that will allow publishers to distribute their magazines at the shows, the tour got thousands of dollars worth of free national advertising.
"We have to weigh where all the hard costs are because it's a $15 ticket," Lyman said. "It doesn't go very far, but we try to get creative."
SETTING UP. how to turn on a skateboard
Rather than utilizing the main stage of most venues, the Warped Tour generally will set up on concourses and in parking lots.
"If we do just 5,000 and we're playing in a shed, it would look pretty bleak," Lyman said. "But if you use the concourse and you're not even using the main area, it looks pretty cool."
An Electronic Arts/UNI Distribution Interactive Multimedia Tent, skateboarding ramps, snowboard, skateboard and in-line skate demos, a CD listening booth and a climbing wall will be among the major non-musical attractions at every show.
"We keep it very rudimentary and pretty simple," Lyman said of the setup. "We've got two semi-trucks and a flatbed truck that carry the skateboard ramps and everything else around."
The flatbed doubles as the second stage at venues where there's no better option.
THE YOUTH FACTOR
Doing 30 shows in 36 days on a shoestring budget means some luxuries must be foregone for the crew on the road. Lyman is relying on youth to get the show through, a lesson he learned from his own experience.
"I was a production manager for Lollapalooza, and I had never been on the road before," he said. "I had this wide-open approach of how to make these things work, and I think that's the reason it worked. If I was an old crotchety road guy, I could've never dealt with the first year. But because I didn't know any better, I just got in there and got the work done."
Lyman has assembled a crew of young people from around the country who are looking for a chance to break into the business. "Most of them, it's their first time on the road -- and they just seriously kick ass each morning."
The crew will pile into six buses, "a mix of skaters, climbers, accountants, the touring manager and a couple of band people; and everyone's treated equally," Lyman said. "We do only two hotel rooms through the whole summer.
"Like between San Francisco and Portland, we'll go to Shasta Lake and go jet skiing that day or something. Instead of pulling into some Motel 6 in Portland or Salem, we'll just go there and spend the day. The drivers will go to sleep, and we just kind of hang out for a barbecue on the beach."
OPENING DAY
Tickets for the tour's opening date at Blockbuster Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix have been slow so far, but Mark Styles, the venue's marketing director, said he expects the show to do well. How to ride a skateboard for beginners
"Our particular show is on the 4th of July, and we're in the process of trying to add a fireworks display and turn it into a real big deal," Styles said. "We've got a local radio station that's presenting the show, and they're going to position it as their Fourth of July event."
Styles expects lots of moshing, but not many problems from the crowd.
Try this.

You said you created a skin? Do you mean you modified a skin like Aeon Nox?

Create two folders on your computer. One for the desktop and one for a jump drive. Put your build in each one. Then decide which one is going to be the sacrificial lamb.You should have 4 folders named addons, media, temp and user data. I am probably going to get banned from here but I hope not....just trying to help as sometimes you will never get answered. Download Jocalas adb link program and you will be able to backup and restore your build and/or individual files. Don't forget, if you are transferring your build to an android device install the latest Kodi first on your android device.

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Up My Custom SkinI0