v17 Media Flags Broken in Kodi 17.3 Help
Hi all

I have just or started the upgrade process to the new kodi 17.3 and found there is a problem with the media flags. This is not skin related I don't think as the skinner has said this is a kodi bug and I have tried a couple of skins and have the same problem.

My folder contains a nfo file with dlolby atmos and DTSX in the nfo file and also the file name also contains these audio formats . When I add the movie to the library the skin shows me DTSX and DOLBY ATMOS as it should but soon as I play the movie and go back to the main library the flahs have reverted back to DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD which is not correct. I have also noticed this for aspect ratios as well it keeps changing them to the wrong flag format.

can anyone help as I have a server running MySQL.and what I have tried is

1. moved the file to the same computer as kodi is installed on from the server and added it to the library (same problem)
2. tried ticking and un-ticking extract thumbnails and video information (same problem)
3. tried a different skin (same problem)

for some reason kodi will not keep the right audio and aspect and video flags, they are right when first added but soon as you play the movie it changes them all to the wrong format

I have halted my upgrade until I can get this right as I don't want all my whole library to be not right. can anyone help me on this

using windows 7 pro and a brand new database from scratch.

thanks
there is nothing you can do about this as kodi doesn't know anything about ATMOS/DTS:X and check the audio stream on playback to what it knows. This behaviour has been like that since ever.

Some skins use the filename however we do not support this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
will it be supported in the future ?

thanks
if ffmpeg does but never with filenames
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok thanks for the info and help
thanks is there no way of stopping it ? and keeping the info from the nfo file instead of changing the flag to the default ? why over write the info you use in the nfo file ? if that's the case why even have a nfo file if kodi overwrites the values you have inside the nfo file

as you posted in here

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2613735

what does (Extract thumbnails and video information) do as I have had this enabled and disabled and its still changing the video flag thought this might of done the trick so I don't understand what this setting does

thanks
anyone ?
Quote:what does (Extract thumbnails and video information)
Settings/Videos (wiki) FTW: When enabled, Kodi will extract thumbnails from videos that have no thumb in the library and information such as codecs and aspect ratio to display in Library Mode.

A lot of nice tidbits in the wiki's, makes a worthy read once in a blue moon.
(2017-07-11, 16:49)PatK Wrote:
Quote:what does (Extract thumbnails and video information)
Settings/Videos (wiki) FTW: When enabled, Kodi will extract thumbnails from videos that have no thumb in the library and information such as codecs and aspect ratio to display in Library Mode.

A lot of nice tidbits in the wiki's, makes a worthy read once in a blue moon.

Thanks, I read that and understand that and I tried that setting, but what I don't seem to understand is if you have this setting turned off and you have a video file and a nfo file which is in the same folder as the video and the nfo which contains the audio and video codecs in there are added to the kodi library the codecs are right from the nfo file since the flags show the right codec information in the library.

So then why does kodi change the video and audio codecs as soon as you press play to the wrong ones ? this is what I don't seem to get. I understand that ffmpeg gets the video info and writes it to the library on first play but the way I read it if this is Extract thumbnails and video information option if that's turned off why would ffmpeg do that and not just use the nfo information , why would that not do that ?

thanks
(2017-07-06, 21:36)Martijn Wrote: there is nothing you can do about this as kodi doesn't know anything about ATMOS/DTS:X and check the audio stream on playback to what it knows. This behaviour has been like that since ever.

Some skins use the filename however we do not support this

Maybe you missed @Martijn explanation?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flags Broken in Kodi 17.3 Help0