Release updated:

v1.8 (2017-07-26)
  • add support for IPTV Networks
  • fix error in muxes when 0 muxes available
  • Contains the unreleased v1.7 and v1.6 updates
    - add support for Tvh username-password
    - add backup and import of tvh userdata
    - add channel icon reset option

Thank you to those who provided feedback on the test versions!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
Release updated:

v1.9 (2017-08-03)
  • add timeshift options under DVR configuration
  • fix epg grabber progress bar
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Got a pre-release version available that conatins a picons downloader under the base configuration menu.

Currently this release has access to download a set of worldwide icon packs from CvH (with two different naming schemes) and a US icon set in color, black or white. This is mainly included to get new installations up and running with a way to add picons without having to use a separate computer to download and transfer.

This will likely be the last separate release before submitting the addon to the LE repo - so please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions.
When I prep this addon for the LE repo I will be adding in the zstd compression binary to speed up downloads/extracts.

Thanks!

Release is here: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...i/releases
New update with small change - adds an epg grabber cron wizard to help those who don't know how to manually set the cron

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...i/releases

v1.9.6 (2017-11-28)
  • adds an epg grabber cron wizard
  • merges picons downloader into master (Download Picons is located under Tvh Base Configuration & Backup)
I have a test version going to for some DVB-S support...but will need feedback from users with a DVB-S adapter

Please see the post here:  https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9184-t...#post75030

Thanks!
Github updated with the new 2.0 release...

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...i/releases

This update adds the following:
  • Support for DVB-S networks
  • Support for Conditional Access Clients
Please forgive the annoying and exasperating noob, but I am brand new to the community, and to attempting to stream live TV .  For better or for worse, I am using an nvidia shield, which can't decode ac3.  I'm very impressed with your android app.  Unfortunately in my case, I'm not able to receive audio.  I'm trying to use your kodi add-on tvh2kodi, which I have installed, and I have enabled your PVR service, however I'm unable to access the server, presumably because I have no username or password.  Can you please tell me how to set these up, in the simplest terms possible?  Thank you in advance, and much respect for your work.
tvh2kodi is just used for configuring the tvh server from within kodi.  If you're setting up tvh, you need to make sure the server and pvr addon are installed and enabled.  Then you can use the tvh2kodi addon to configure and setup your adapter and scan for channels (use the wizard).  You don't need to setup a username and password.

I assume your using a tuner adapter (hauppauge likely) on the shield?  If so - you can also just use android TV live channels for a basic live tuner/dvr setup.  You mention an android app - which I don't have, so you may be thinking of the tvh client android app that is being developed by other folks?
Thank you for answering - you're right, I am using a Hauppauge usb tuner plugged into the shield.  I have enabled the TVHeadend PVR client, however I get the error message 'Service is unreachable' - log says 'unable to connect to 1270.0.1:9982
I am familiar with Android TV's Live Channels, however Shield doesn't decode ac3 audio, and my tv doesn't seem to either, so I need kodi as an intermediary to decode the audio stream, which is why I'm hoping to use your pvr in kodi.  I apologize for troubling you with such elementary queries.  If there is a guide for dummies available, I'll happily consult it
Interesting that you pvr client gives you that error - the server should be 127.0.0.1 port 9981.  Check those settings in the tvheadend server addon and in the tvh client addon.

That error says it can't reach your tvheadend server.  If the pvr client addon can't reach it - my tvh2kodi addon won't be able tot reach it either.  So definitely check the settings on your tvh server addon.

Also - you could always pass the ac3 through hdmi and decode downstream.  Either on the TV or if you need to feed an older surround sound setup - the hdmi to audio extractors are cheap.  That way you can use live channels.
Hello, Edit.  Do you have any idea on how to get the HDHomeRun Premium Channels to show up under tvheadend??  They are not actual channels, but come over the OTA tuners.  I really have no idea how to explain it.  

BTW, your zap2it grabber has been running flawlessly for a couple of years now........  thanks.
@clarkss12  I know the hdhomerun premium channels use the omniverse service for the backend.  But I believe they may be sending a ts mpeg2 stream to the tuners.  Although this would not be very efficient - but it would explain why it uses up a tuner when you watch the channels.  In order to get this to work with tvheadend - we will need to figure out how the commands are sent to the tuners. 

Is it possible for you to watch the channels in a browser?  Then you could use the inspector panel to watch the network requests.  That may give some insight into how to get started.

Also- have you checked for a kodi addon for hdhomerun that supports watching those channels?  If there is one - we can likely reverse engineer from there.
Thank you for the fast response as usual, Edit.   Here is the link to the unofficial Kodi PVR client for the HDHomeRun.  It does support the Premium channels...
https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...88&t=65776
It doesn't play in a browser window, but here is what it uses to play with VLC, 
http://192.168.10.108:5004/auto/v1463
(2018-10-27, 21:01)clarkss12 Wrote: It doesn't play in a browser window, but here is what it uses to play with VLC, 
http://192.168.10.108:5004/auto/v1463
 In this example - are you opening Bravo?  If so - that's a pretty simple formula to follow as it is the ip address of your hdhomerun device with port 5004 then /auto /v(channelnumber)

You could just setup a simple iptv list for this to create the channel list in tvheadend, then map the epg channels separately.  However, I don't think this would solve using the dvr function of the hdhomerun - just give you access to the live stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvh2kodi addon - configure tvheadend from kodi interface1