v17 Deleteing movies from the library
(2017-07-09, 16:22)brazen1 Wrote: Add this to advancedsettings.xml and set Kodi to 'Update Library on startup' for Videos and/or Music. After you manually remove a title, cleaning will be automated. Adding a title will be automated as well.

<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>

Caution with this though, if fot any reason your source might go offline or connection is not possible then all items for that source will be wiped from the Library.
VERY true ^^^^^^^^^

You can also manually remove the title from your source, start Kodi, navigate to the title you just removed, select it, and you will be presented with 'This item is no longer available, do you want to remove it from the library'. Select Yes and it's gone.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I think "update library on startup" would not update very often in my household. My kodi boxes stay up for weeks or months at a time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In that case, while in a library, you could press the up arrow (directional pad) on your keyboard or remote and select 'Update Library' from the menu. Should you seldom restart Kodi, but have added and/or removed title(s), this will make it current. I don't think devs missed a beat when it came to ease of editing library status.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-07-09, 22:20)nickr Wrote: I think "update library on startup" would not update very often in my household. My kodi boxes stay up for weeks or months at a time.
There's always the Library Auto Updater add-on service - with support for library clean, separate video and audio updates, timers, delay-set (if update after startup), only-if-idle switches and more. Its quite flexible. Its been in the official Kodi repo for quite some time, I believe it comes installed as default Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Yeh I use auto update on all my boxes. Overnite update and clean every day. Love it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleteing movies from the library0