Blue/Yellow/Red border around taskbar icon
I am using windows10 and I pinned my program to the taskbar. What do the different color borders around the icon mean?
Which program is that?
Kodi
This isn't really a Kodi related issue, the best I could do is this search https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3380...-10-a.html
None of my others do it. When I start Kodi, the the icon (Kodi) is a blue border with a white square in the middle and the triangles making up the k are blue. After closing Kodi, and after it is closed for a bit the border around the white box turns yellow, then after a bit longer it turns red. Then again when I open Kodi it turns back to blue
Do you have any other icons having such problems?
Any toolbar / system tray tools installed?
No,,none of them do
I am thinking the when you start Kodi it turns blue indicating that it is in full "awake" mode and as Kodi sits idle it turns from blue to yellow and the to red indicating it is in "sleep" modeHuhHuh Just a guessHuh?
I'm guessing you installed the "universal app" version of Kodi from MS store? If so, it could be that Windows is showing you a "notification badge" on the icon. I have no idea what notifications Kodi might provide (I don't think anything is built into Kodi for it, so if it's the case I assume it is some sort of side effect of Windows). Anyway, it's possible to turn those off (for all apps) in windows personalization settings, but it sounds like it isn't causing you any problem, you just want to know what it means. I think you should see the same thing on your Start panel (if you pin Kodi to it)? And I have no idea (sorry). I do have a laptop with Kodi universal app installed just for testing and I fired it up and turned on the badges, but so far I just have the blue background.

scott s.
(2017-07-08, 21:43)scott967 Wrote: I'm guessing you installed the "universal app" version of Kodi from MS store? If so, it could be that Windows is showing you a "notification badge" on the icon. I have no idea what notifications Kodi might provide (I don't think anything is built into Kodi for it, so if it's the case I assume it is some sort of side effect of Windows). Anyway, it's possible to turn those off (for all apps) in windows personalization settings, but it sounds like it isn't causing you any problem, you just want to know what it means. I think you should see the same thing on your Start panel (if you pin Kodi to it)? And I have no idea (sorry). I do have a laptop with Kodi universal app installed just for testing and I fired it up and turned on the badges, but so far I just have the blue background.

scott s.

thx bro. Also don't forget to pin it to the taskbar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blue/Yellow/Red border around taskbar icon0