Ota channels confused
Hi I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm currently using Krypton on an Amazon fire stick. The iptv function is fantastic but I can't figure out how to run my ota channels through Kodi. My tv has a built in tuner and I get 46 channels through my antenna. Do I still need to buy a tuner or can the built in one serve as the backend? Is there a specific pvr client I need to use?
I'm in major cord cutting mode and between Netflix, Pluto, iptv and my ota antenna life is great. But I would really like to integrate my ota channels into Kodi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you for the link. I did already read some of that. I guess my confusion was about the backend. My understanding is that even with the built in tuner i will need software. Iirc there is no backend software for android so I'd have to buy a tuner and run it through my pc?
Yes or a raspberry pi, or an s905 running libreelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok thanks very much.
There is a great guide here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270385
Thanks for posting that. I'm wondering if I need the computer though if I'm not going to dvr. I only want my antenna to communicate with kodi. Couldn't I just connect the hdhomerun directly to my router and launch the pvr add-on on kodi?
Hd homerun can be used either with a backend like tvheadend or mythtv, or with its own addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ota channels confused0