Solved No option to delete video files (Kodi 17.3)
I've just installed v17.3 on Windows 10. I previously ran v17.1 on Windows 7, and had the option to delete files on the context menu of my video file. Now there's no Delete option on the context menu. How can I delete video files from the Kodi UI?
Oh but there is. Press C (context menu). Select 'Manage' from the side menu that appears. Then select 'Remove from library'. This makes the action very deliberate and leaves little room for accidental deletions.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-07-09, 23:30)brazen1 Wrote: Oh but there is. Press C (context menu). Select 'Manage' from the side menu that appears. Then select 'Remove from library'. This makes the action very deliberate and leaves little room for accidental deletions.

If I press "C" I only get these options:
- Play
- Mark as Watched
- Queue Item
- Play From Here
- Add to Favourites

Huh
Check settings>media>general>allow file rename and deletion [advanced to expert level] The advice @brazen1 suggested should show.
[quote='PatK' pid='2615910' dateline='1499807635']
Ah...I've just realised that I need to enable Advanced settings to see that option - thanks!
Thread marked solved.
(2017-07-12, 01:42)PatK Wrote: Thread marked solved.
(2020-08-29, 21:28)requa3r0 Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 01:42)PatK Wrote: Thread marked solved.
The is not solved! The feature is incomplete!
You only get a suggestion to delete the actual video file..but...this will leave a folder with the same name..and srt files on your media file hub.
There should be an option to delete the media file folder..to clean up property!

right not the only actual method is to delete directly on the medai hub...a bit in blinc..because yhou dont have the same view as in kodi...then clean the liberay.

Could this not be a new additional feature for the delete options. And..if yes..please make it a direct "delete all"...so you don't have to go down the full path of removing from library..then file..then folder!
(2020-08-29, 21:34)requa3r0 Wrote: this will leave a folder with the same name..and srt files
Yes, some people don't use folders for their media, while others have multiple items in the folder, .srt, artwork, meta-data, the contents of a folder is a user choice for export in separate files and not all users have this format and some have nested folders. The delete function is only for the video in the library, with an added option for deletion in the folder.
(2020-08-29, 21:34)requa3r0 Wrote: Could this not be a new additional feature for the delete options
I suppose this could be a feature request, and best posted in that area. Delete function as is, is dangerous enough, given your suggestions I could see many unexpected results. In effect your question about no delete option has been solved, just perhaps not to your full satisfaction and in that I point to the feature request thread.
(2020-08-30, 05:50)PatK Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 21:34)requa3r0 Wrote: this will leave a folder with the same name..and srt files
Yes, some people don't use folders for their media, while others have multiple items in the folder, .srt, artwork, meta-data, the contents of a folder is a user choice for export in separate files and not all users have this format and some have nested folders. The delete function is only for the video in the library, with an added option for deletion in the folder.
(2020-08-29, 21:34)requa3r0 Wrote: Could this not be a new additional feature for the delete options
I suppose this could be a feature request, and best posted in that area. Delete function as is, is dangerous enough, given your suggestions I could see many unexpected results. In effect your question about no delete option has been solved, just perhaps not to your full satisfaction and in that I point to the feature request thread.
Ok. Good point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No option to delete video files (Kodi 17.3)0