HFS+ mount support on GooBang Doo
Hello, I am not sure if this the right forum for this as I suspect it is more of an OS question, but my GBD (brand new) box is not detecting my HFS+ formatted drive with all of my media on it. I've checked /mnt and /storage, nothing mounted there. The drive is detected elsewhere in the OS, but I cannot find a way to import it and its media without formatting it, which is something I do not want to do at this time. I appreciate any advice and/or thoughts on this. I am a Unix admin by trade, if that helps and I ran Linux for years at work and at home, obviously I run Macs at home now.
You may have to use NTFS or ExFat, what does the info say your box supports?
More info would be needed.
If this GBD is an AMLogic S912 - give up now and send the device back to the seller.
HFS+ support is the least of your worries, and your troubles are only just beginning.....

If it is a AML S905(x) run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on it from a microSDHC card.

This exact box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ8...UTF8&psc=1
I'm a iMac (macOS Sierra) user too...you need to use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton.

HFS+ = Mac OS Entended

EDIT just tried LibreELEC and Apple HFS+ (Journaled) and Apple Partition Map and formatted USB sticks will NOT mount with LibreELEC

EDIT 2 if you format with Apple HFS+ (Journaled) and use a Master Boot Record Partition Map then USB Sticks Automount in LibreELEC and there is no 4GB FAT32 file size limit either. Smile

Install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on a S905(x)

The fastest, most compatible microSDHC cards for AML devices are Samsung EVO, Sandisk & Lexar 300x - Class 10 U1

I got to say, I always wondered: who were the marketing consultants who said calling your product/company GooBangDo was a good idea?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If the pictures are anything to go by then that is one one of those fully loaded android boxes without saying its fully loaded.
Thanks, folks. When I get home after slaving over servers all day, I'm not in the mood to mess around with this so I'm returning it. Looking for a plug and play media player that will mount my 4TB HFS+ USB drive and play my media with no extra work.
Guess what that media player is called ?

- a Mac Mini running OSX/macOS

Welcome to Apple's HFS+ custom file system world. I seriously doubt you will find any Android box that is going to work with HFS+

Suggestion would be to try and plug that HFS+ drive into an Apple extreme router and share from that. It may work it may not.

(2017-07-11, 21:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Guess what that media player is called ?

- a Mac Mini running OSX/macOS

Welcome to Apple's HFS+ custom file system world. I seriously doubt you will find any Android box that is going to work with HFS+

Suggestion would be to try and plug that HFS+ drive into an Apple extreme router and share from that. It may work it may not.

That's way out of my budget but the WD TV Live handles HFS + well. I was hoping to play with Kodi more. I appreciate the help in this thread.
So does libreelec, just do it!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HFS+ mount support on GooBang Doo0