Android Nvidia Shield - Kodi 17.3 - Dobly Digital Plus Passthrough
Dear Users,

My Kodi setup is working fine on my Nvidia Shield except for the Dolby Digital Plus passthrough.
I have a AVR which is compatible with/for DD + but Kodi is sending the stream.

On another video app the DD + stream does work, so why not on Kodi?

If you need more information, please let me know, so i can provide.

TV: LG OLED 65EF950V
AVR: Pioneer SC-LX56k
HTPC: Nvidia Shield

Thanks in advance,
Mitch.
This might help... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:I have a AVR which is compatible with/for DD + but Kodi is sending the stream.

I don't understand this sentence.

Information as always: Debug Log after having played the sample
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Who want to bet "Sync playback to display" is selected in Kodi Settings > Player > Video ?

(2017-07-10, 13:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Who want to bet "Sync playback to display" is selected in Kodi Settings > Player > Video ?

You are right, it is selected.
But doesnt it need to be selected to get the right Video Output (24p etc?)

My Nvidia Shield is running 7.0 (API 24).
From the looks of that sticky thread that would mean; v24 (Android N): AC3, EAC3, DTS with the new IEC API, we miss hardware / software to implement dts-hd, truehd
On Nvidia Shield: AC3, EAC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD
(2017-07-10, 13:24)Mitchlw Wrote: You are right, it is selected.
No.
Sync playback to display is used for platforms that cannot do Kodi Dynamic refresh switching to switch a TV's refresh rate to match that to the source video's frame per second.

Video can be sped up slightly and all Audio Resampled - this resampling breaks all Audio passthrough.

Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On Start/Stop

should be the only setting selected for those Kodi Android platforms that support Kodi dynamic refresh switching.

(2017-07-10, 13:31)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 13:24)Mitchlw Wrote: You are right, it is selected.
No.
Sync playback to display is used for platforms that cannot do Kodi Dynamic refresh switching to switch a TV's refresh rate to match that to the source video's frame per second.

Video can be sped up slightly and all Audio Resampled - this resampling breaks all Audio passthrough.

Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On Start/Stop

should be the only setting selected for those Kodi Android platforms that support Kodi dynamic refresh switching.

My bad, i just went down and looked at the settings.
Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On Start/Stop is the only thing Enabled.
Sync Playback to Display is NOT enabled.
Okay, so this is verrrrry strange and annoying.
I enabled Logging, to upload a log right here.

I selected a video i had the problem with, after 30 seconds!! into the TV Show my audio popped on and was the AVR screen said; Dolby Digital Plus.
Now whenever i select a file with this audio stream its working from start, even the one which took 30 seconds the first time.

What could be the cause of the delay and why is it working now...i cant seem to think of a reason since i didnt change any settings (except logging enabled).
I still don't see the log. 8 posts for speculations while the log would have revealed the issue after the very first of them ...

Refreshrate switching is still working "half broken" on Android - it only helps to set the delay after refreshrate to something > 5 seconds, disable that also when testing ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield - Kodi 17.3 - Dobly Digital Plus Passthrough0