Bug Kodi ignores SOCKS5 settings
Hi, I have Kodi installed on my Apple TV 4 and was trying to setup a SOCKS5 proxy (PIA) and it simply does not work, going to api.ipify.org via web viewer shows my IP address rather than one from PIA. I did some research on here and it seems like this bug has existed for a few years without a single fix for it. HTTP works fine, but SOCKS5 does not.
Is this something being worked on? Sorry if you're not allowed to bump but it's worrying that this bug has been known for years but still hasn't been fixed.
It's not a bug. The only it could be considered as is a missing feature and no one of us is working on it so if it his is wanted the community should step up and implement it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-07-17, 18:21)Martijn Wrote: It's not a bug. The only it could be considered as is a missing feature and no one of us is working on it so if it his is wanted the community should step up and implement it.

If SOCKS5 is an option under the proxy type then surely the feature is there. If it's a missing feature and not a bug then it wouldn't even be an option to choose from.
The original poster is completely correct. The SOCKS5 settings do not work. This is absolutely a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi ignores SOCKS5 settings0