Finding correct TV SHow using TV Database Show ID
Yes, I think it was just the title that was English- "Acquitted". Didn't check any of the episodes though.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hmm, for some reason I do not seem to have all the options you have?  Image

Can't find any languages to select?
You need to have an account and be logged in to see those options

The accounts are free and allows you to contribute data when you find there is data missing.

Interesting, I had no idea TVDB had advertising. I don't see it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Oh OK, thanks Karellen. I will get an account! :-)
No problems Smile

Did that solve the issue or are you still investigating?

If it didn't, then we are at the point of a Debug log (wiki) which captures you trying to scrape the show. Make sure it is removed from the library first.
My Signature
Hmmm, I just opened an account. I don't really find anything there I didn't find before when I search the original title, but now, when I am logged in, there is a lot of extra advertising. Strange...

So I found the English title (Acquitted), which I did not see before (but possibly because I misspelled it..). So should I rename my Folder to Acquitted, Update library, then Manage the TV Show and Change the Title back to Frikjent once Kodi has found/scraped the show?

Christopher
Ok, but you still haven't answered my original questions... which language of the show are you trying to scrape? I also asked what your scraper settings are.

Let's get that cleared up as we might be heading down the completely wrong path. I raised it as the show you linked was for Norsk language, but it was one question amongst a few others, but I feel we have overly focused on it now.
My Signature
Hi Karellen,

I am still not sure I understand your question fully. I am Norwegian, the show is Norwegian and in Norwegian, but how you scrape it doesn't change the audio or subtitles, right? And I think the language of the show is just Norwegian? So that is what I should scrape? But maybe that was what my question was related to, when I asked if I needed to rename the folder to the English title? Then I would be scraping in English?

I don't know what my scraping settings are, as I cannot find them. After I moved to the 'new' version of Kodi and my old skin (Confluence I think it was called) disappeared I find it very difficult to make changes, as every other skin seems to arrange menus/options/settings etc differently.. I am using Aeon Nox and Estuary now, and have not been able to find out where scrapers are set. Maybe that was done years ago when I first started using KODI, but that must be 7 years ago using Confluence I think...?

Thanks for your patience :-)
In the Files view go to the folder containing tv show, select it open context menu and select Edit content from there you can access scraper settings. The scraper settings will depend on what language you want the tv show displayed as in Kodi.
Assuming you are using Kodi in the Engliash language but you're using the orginal Norwegian show title similar to:

If you search for that on TVDB with English lanauage nothing is found

To find it with the Norwegian name Frikjent you must tell TVDB this

So it's similar inside Kodi, with default scraper settings it will be search for Frikjent as an English titled show, you therefore will need to change the settings for this show so when Kodi does a search it tells the TVDB api it's a Norwegian titled show. To do this go to File

Go to show folder

Open Context menu and select Change content

In Set content select settings to go to scraper settings

In scraper settings ensure fallback language is enabled and that fallback language is set to No for Norweigian

This will tell Kodi that is no match are found using English then to fallback to searching as Norwegian.

Note - as you defined you language as English it will display the details using the English details from TVDB

If however you want the details in Norweigian then swap the scraper language settings so

Language - no
Fallback lanuage - en
Or you could rename folder and filenames to use the English variant of Acquitted then you'll likely not have to mess with those scraper settings.
Oh and one futher things, once show is in Kodi you can tell it to display whatever title you want

Thanks a lot. I have been using the last method until now, but it would be good to actually the the episode names and descriptions actually match those of the DVD (I have ripped the entire DVDs in original format/structure, so I get the DVD menus with episode titles). I will experimenmt a bit, thanks for the very useful screen grabs!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finding correct TV SHow using TV Database Show ID0