Please help for Keymap.xml with a standard Joypad
Exclamation 
Hi guys, I'm searching of a configuration file to use my standard Joypad (with standard I mean "8 buttons gamepad", which I bought to control my media center and I spent 5$ Smile )
I had some problems in rewriting the whole configuration for the Xbox controller and the Ps3 one... expecially in the <axis> sections (it seems that when I press up or down it does 3-4 steps up, and not just one as supposed).

So why don't attach, and merge in the code, a configuration for standard joypad and name="FILL WITH YOUR JOYPAD NAME"?

Thanks!
because they all have the buttons in different places and some have analog buttons and others have digital and then it all depends on just how well the linux drivers for them work and how it maps the buttons.
The problem is there is no real standard
I'm betting Gamestop would have a standard XBOX joystick for about the same price. Slap on or make a USB adapter, plug it in, and I'll bet it works perfectly... There's also the 360 wireless controller. I'm not sure it's supported out of th ebox but the receiver for it is dirt cheap at NewEgg when it's in stock. One of these days I'll get around to taking mine out of the plastic to try it out Tongue
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Jezz_X Wrote:because they all have the buttons in different places and some have analog buttons and others have digital and then it all depends on just how well the linux drivers for them work and how it maps the buttons.
The problem is there is no real standard

Buttons are usually mapped from id=0 to id=numbuttons (in my case I have 8 buttons).

Axis may be different, but I'm asking for an EXAMPLE, not a full-working configuration.
For other media centers I read example config, and I've refined it for my joypad.
Having as an example a Xbox controller, which have a lot of buttons and analog sticks, is much more difficult to
1) notice which are the more important functions (15 buttons are mapped... but If they were 8 which of them can be removed?)
2) how axis works, or if there's a way to use digital pad

I know we are talkin about the Xbox media center, but if you're porting it to linux thne you might know that a lot of guys without the xbox will try your software, and wants to enjoy it!

Based on my friends, neither of them are using PC controllers with analog buttons/sticks etc etc... all of them have cheap gamepads with only digital inputs/axis. If you hit the PC world, you'll meet this reality.
We'll write docs when we're sure it works how we want it to Wink
besides If I have anything do to with the way gamepads are mapped will be changed to remove them from keymap.xml and put them into there own folder in Userdata called "Joysticks" with a JoystickName.xml file for each joystick to make it easier for people to go find the one for the joystick they have and add it to the folder. Or if you have one with the same layout you can just rename or copy another older one.

Saves bloating up the keymap.xml for starters with 50 joystick maps
Honestly I like the idea of using periphs from the various consoles out there like the XBOX, 360, PS3, and Wii. This project isn't to a point where it's going to be heavily documented - it changes as often as hourly some days! It's alpha right now but I'm sure they would welcome someone documenting if anyone has a burning urge, getting access to the Wiki is easy enough. Frankly I'm going to sweat joysticks and joypads when there are games to play, otherwise my Harmony remote is working GREAT for navigation. Anyone tried adapting the old XBOX irda receiver to a USB port to see if THAT would work?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help for Keymap.xml with a standard Joypad0