v17 How to increase pvr buffer since minvideocachelevel removed in Kodi 17?
I forgot one thing to mention. Please post a debug log that shows the issue.
Quote:I forgot one thing to mention. Please post a debug log that shows the issue.
First, how can view anywhere than buffering is ON when using PVR ?
Kodi use almost no memory and no wait time before (or yellow load bar for fullfill the buffer) so I'm almost sure that there is no buffer at all.

The problem is with the sound only. The sound cut probably less than 1s each 20s or more sometime.
No problem with video.

If the bandwidth decrease more artefacts come on video together with sound problem but video continue to play without any pause, reload buffer(yellow bar) and continue to play like older Kodi version with buffer. I view nothing special in the debug log but without buffer something should appear in the log ?
(2018-01-11, 00:16)nings Wrote:
Quote:I forgot one thing to mention. Please post a debug log that shows the issue.
First, how can view anywhere than buffering is ON when using PVR ?
Kodi use almost no memory and no wait time before (or yellow load bar for fullfill the buffer) so I'm almost sure that there is no buffer at all.

Well, trust me, I have written all this code and know that there is buffering almost like in earlier versions. But now Kodi can make the buffer fill again if it drops under a given threshold. This is important because playbackback speed never matches the speed of the broadcast exactly.

Post a debug log when you observe those audio drop outs.
Hi all,

I almost always have problems with buffer in PVR, I normally up the minvideocachelevel and also minvideocachelevel but it doesn't work or is not take account in Kodi 18, it seems a bug because If I set to 100% the video is shown inmediately and I have still issues of freeze and cutting audio.
I'm sure the issue is buffer because if I load the same video stream from service DLNA Kodi detects no enough buffer and video auto pauses load more buffer and then resume video without any freeze or cut audio

Please, is it possible someone may revise it? This issue destroys the experience

Thanks
Guys, although i can understand that just discussing this is fun, noone actually posts a debug log (wiki) which will give valuable info for a dev to troubleshoot.
Hi All,

I just want to confirm that I have had the same issue with tvheadend running on an up-to-date Ubuntu box and client on Kodi 18.1 running on a Beelink GT1 Ultimate and CoreElec.
As per the OP, I can play a movie who's location is a hard drive on my Ubuntu box using my Beelink box as the client. Pausing playback shows the movie is rapidly loading into the buffer as evidenced by the shading of the progress bar. (I have 1Gb buffer setup in my advanced settings file. The same applies to addon movie / video content playback. I never experience buffering with this type of content.
However, if I play back a tvheadend recording , I get buffering issues. (The recording file BTW is on the exact same Ubuntu box's samba shared drive as my Movies). This is especially true with HD content.
When I pause playback, judging by the progress bar shading, there is only a very minimal buffer (if any). It clearly does not allocate the buffer as set in advancedsettings.xml network settings, in the same way that movie or video addon playback does. As the OP mentioned, this makes the experience very frustrating. Buffering also happens during live TV playback.
It seems to me that the PVR clients do not apply the advanced settings - network buffer settings.
If I get more time, I will post logs, but at the moment, I barely had the time to type up this post.

Regards,

Paraic.
(2019-03-07, 21:02)Atreyu Wrote: Guys, although i can understand that just discussing this is fun, noone actually posts a debug log (wiki) which will give valuable info for a dev to troubleshoot.

erufuderow.kodi (paste)
(2018-01-07, 12:37)nings Wrote: Someone create a bug report for this issue ?
Or can you change this thread has a feature request please ?

It's working well on older version of Kodi. This feature is necessary for slow link, shared link without QoS, I/O storage problem and so many other reason.
A cache of 1/2s in memory take low space and solve all problems.

350831 (thread)

All are welcome to add to/discuss in this FR.
(2020-01-09, 19:57)fuderow Wrote:
(2018-01-07, 12:37)nings Wrote: Someone create a bug report for this issue ?
Or can you change this thread has a feature request please ?

It's working well on older version of Kodi. This feature is necessary for slow link, shared link without QoS, I/O storage problem and so many other reason.
A cache of 1/2s in memory take low space and solve all problems.

350831 (thread)

All are welcome to add to/discuss in this FR.

If you do use tvheadend: the pvr.hts add-on has a setting for the read chunk size for recordings. Increasing that value should do the trick.
(2020-01-10, 09:03)ksooo Wrote: If you do use tvheadend: the pvr.hts add-on has a setting for the read chunk size for recordings. Increasing that value should do the trick. 
Yes, increasing that value helps playback on high-latency connections (such as through a VPN to the TVHeadend server). After years, I can finally play HD recordings remotely on my Macbook Pro thanks to this setting!
However, forward buffering provides an even better recording-playback experience for TV shows. Skipping over commercials or inter-play time in sporting events can be instantaneous if you have a sizable forward buffer.
So, using SMB to directly playback the recorded mkv files still yields a better experience than playing via the TV->Recordings place - minus show descriptions, current position is now stored in a different place, etc.

Is there in fact a Kodi API so PVR clients can tap into Kodi's cache as set by advancedsettings.xml and displayed in the ctrl+shift+O stats? It seems that pvr.hts must be doing its own streaming because if it simply passed an http url to Kodi all of that would just work, right? However, I'm not sure why it wouldn't simply do that since TVHeadend supports http playback of recordings, as demonstrated by launching VLC via its own web interface.

- LoopinFool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to increase pvr buffer since minvideocachelevel removed in Kodi 17?0