Feature Request - 2 Column List View
Would it be possible to include a double column list view like the one used in WDTV Live media player? See an image here
Thank you
Personally, I don't see the big advantage of two-column view, and I already have an ultra-wide monitor.

Having two colums like that would be confusing to me in terms of the alphabetical sorting. After a couple of page scrolls, where do you need to look, in the left or the right column?? It takes extra time to find the correct video.
(2017-07-11, 23:49)Klojum Wrote: Personally, I don't see the big advantage of two-column view, and I already have an ultra-wide monitor.

Having two colums like that would be confusing to me in terms of the alphabetical sorting. After a couple of page scrolls, where do you need to look, in the left or the right column?? It takes extra time to find the correct video.

I like it (and have requested it) because you scroll sideways 2 columns at a time which makes for fast reviewing of titles. Just my pref coming from the WDTV Live. If it's a mod I could implement myself (rather than expecting the devs to do it) I'd be happy to give it a shot, but I'd need a lot of help as I'm just and end using with no programming knowledge. Anyone willing to mentor me?

Thanks again
The preference for scrolling in Eminence is vertical, not horizontal. The only things that scroll horizontally are the single row artwork views (e.g. Medium / Big Icons, Showcase, Gallery). This ensures that you can press left from the scrollbar to get back to the hub. Plus I find horizontally moving lists really hard to track with your eyes.

Also, with a list view, you can always use the scroll bar to move a whole page at a time, giving just as fast reviewing (my channel up/down buttons on my remote also skip by page).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-07-12, 04:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: The preference for scrolling in Eminence is vertical, not horizontal. The only things that scroll horizontally are the single row artwork views (e.g. Medium / Big Icons, Showcase, Gallery). This ensures that you can press left from the scrollbar to get back to the hub. Plus I find horizontally moving lists really hard to track with your eyes.

Also, with a list view, you can always use the scroll bar to move a whole page at a time, giving just as fast reviewing (my channel up/down buttons on my remote also skip by page).

I understand that, as the skinner, it's your prerogative to make those calls. Please feel free to close the discussion as it seems to have reached it's natural conclusion.
All the best with your future efforts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - 2 Column List View0