Win Trying to decide.....
Good afternoon;

I'm an absolute beginner at Kodi. I have a smart TV without browser, but built-in apps for Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, etc. I do not have cable TV or satellite. I wanted to investigate using Kodi asa means to watch Formula 1 and NHRA racing, but the setup video is confusing for me.

If I wish to view on my laptop, that would require Windows compatibility, but for a TV, don't most Kodi-capable units use Android?

I need some LGI, if someone could help out a somewhat technology-deficient old fart. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Strat Huh
Hello Strat O'Saurus,

You are able to install Kodi on your smart TV if it has Android as its operating system. Many here will recommend against that as the TV's are usually not powerful enough to run Kodi smoothly, and the Android version on the TV is usually modified by the TV manufacturer.

It would be best to install Kodi on a compatible box and connect to the TV via HDMI. This thread here has some great recommendations... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Which setup video are you referring to? Can you provide the link here?

As for your motor sports, I don't know of the normal add-ons that can be used, but I am sure the motor enthusiast in the community can advise you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You should be aware that Kodi is a media player, not a content provider. Whilst there are some 3rd party add-ons out there which can give access to things like Formula 1, as it is paid subscription content (almost always anyway) then they tend to be banned addons (wiki) which use illegal pirated media sources and are entirely unsupported here (indeed any device containing them is devalidated from any support here) as they violate our piracy policy (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
There is no setup video. They are all fake news.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to decide.....0