Copy and pasting backup folder sooooo slooooow!
Whenever I try and copy the folder that's generated by the Kodi backup app to a different location - within my PC, from my PC to a flash drive or vice versa - it takes forever considering the folder size (I've crunched it to 250MB)?

I have an ultra fast SD card and when I've copied folders or files of comparable size it takes about 10sec. But with the Kodi folder we're talking minutes.

Any idea why this is so?
No, but why use kodi's file manager when you have access to the operating system?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-12, 08:26)nickr Wrote: No, but why use kodi's file manager when you have access to the operating system?

I've never been able to succussfully copy a build onto my Android that way, if that's what you mean.
Which "Build" are you copying?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-13, 01:07)Karellen Wrote: Which "Build" are you copying?

My own.
Considering you are using Kodi to perform the copy action, can you provide a debug log? It may show where the bottleneck is.

Instructions in my signature below. Use the Basic Method. Once you enable debugging, restart Kodi, and perform your copy action. Once finished, upload the log to Pastebin as instructed.

I have to admit that I have never done your procedure, so I have no clue what is "normal" and what is "sooooo slooooow!"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy and pasting backup folder sooooo slooooow!0