Which version works for Windows 7
I have Windows 7 Home 32 bit version & having a problem downloading Kodi from the Microsoft Store. Does anybody know which version I need or a link to it. Any help would be much apprieciated. Thanks
You can download the 32 bit Kodi v17.3 from here... https://kodi.tv/download

Best to accept all the default settings when installing.

Also the wiki guide... http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Kodi is only available in the windows store for windows 10[1]. Plus, what Karellen said Smile

[1] Does win 7 have a windows store?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-12, 08:21)nickr Wrote: Kodi is only available in the windows store for windows 10[1]. Plus, what Karellen said Smile

No, which is why its strange somebody would try to download it from a non-existant thing on that OS, and ignore the links to download the normal installer, but hey..users

For reasons of clarity though I dont think the main download page should offer nightly downloads so promimently. Normal users have no idea what that means and should only be directed to the general stable release.
I assume they've been trying to get Kodi from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/...blggh4t892 which of course won't work as Windows 7 doesn't support Windows Store.
(2017-07-12, 16:52)jools5000 Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 08:21)nickr Wrote: Kodi is only available in the windows store for windows 10[1]. Plus, what Karellen said Smile

No, which is why its strange somebody would try to download it from a non-existant thing on that OS, and ignore the links to download the normal installer, but hey..users

For reasons of clarity though I dont think the main download page should offer nightly downloads so promimently. Normal users have no idea what that means and should only be directed to the general stable release.

I definitely disagree, the first tab is clearly labeled recommended and when you click the development build there is a disclaimer. I realize it was only a few more clicks to get to nightlies before, but I love the new downloads page and it's more convenient.
(2017-07-12, 21:35)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 16:52)jools5000 Wrote:

I definitely disagree, the first tab is clearly labeled recommended and when you click the development build there is a disclaimer. I realize it was only a few more clicks to get to nightlies before, but I love the new downloads page and it's more convenient.

Thats the problem, the nightly downloads are also on the recommended release page (I'm aware of the development builds tab, that isn't relevent)

The user simply clicks the nightly link and is presented with a list of very similar looking downloads. Only on the development builds tab does it explain the nightly downloads are considered unstable.

So the 'recommended' tab the user first sees can easily lead the user to download a un-recommended unstable build. I dont think that the best UX that Kodi should be presenting

Dont get me wrong I love the new site and download pages, just think it needs a tweak to reduce the promience of the nightly downloads for the current version
How to install wiki page... http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Windows which has an explanation of the different downloads
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I think the download options could be clearer on the web page.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You are confusing two different types of Nightlies.

These nightlies are taken from the current stable Krypton branch of Kodi

These are basically the stable 17.3 plus any new bug fixes merged into Krypton since 17.3 was released, these builds should be stable and safe to use until we decide to do a formal 17.4 release. These allow testing to ensure the new bug fixes since 17.3 haven't introduced any unexpected regressions so there's an element of risk but no more than any other Krypton release. Since only bug fixes are now allowed for Krypton so these builds will never contain any new functionality which is always where the greatest risk of instability comes from.

So if you are experiencing a problem with Krypton then these nightlies are the absolutely latest Krypton build available that you should try since the issue may have been fixed since the release of 17.3.

These nightlies are taken from the Master branch of Kodi

So it's only these builds that have a risk of instability since these contain both bug fixes, new features, and other developments that maybe only partially complete as we work towards a Leia release.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Agree that the Krypton branch nightlies are "stable" in any reasonable meaning of that term. Actually I haven't found many master branch nightlies that have been dogs, though sometimes new features aren't complete.

scott s.
So in short the download page stays as it is.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which version works for Windows 70